If you had the Jurassic Park license...

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
and a team of 50 or more skilled and experienced developers what kind of Jurassic Park game would you program?
jurassic_park__the_river_by_vanoxymore-d3bl0tw.jpg

Comments

• edited March 2011
    something that looks like UNCHARTED...but in the Jurassic Park universe of course. :D
  • edited March 2011
    synJP wrote: »
    something that looks like uncharted...but in the jurassic park universe of course. :d
    this
  • edited March 2011
    synJP wrote: »
    something that looks like UNCHARTED...but in the Jurassic Park universe of course. :D

Yeah I would definitely play that game.... I honestly believe that there shouldn't be any or many guns in a faithful MI game though.
  • edited March 2011
    Personally, I'd love to see a game based on the novel. It'd be interesting to see how they would handle the differences between it and the film.
  • edited March 2011
    this is hard to answer…
    I just saw the first movie to come back to the "atmosphere".
    I recognized how much this movie reminds us of keeping our nature and don't play around with it. I think when I should be responsible for a JP game I would consider this point very well :)
  • edited March 2011
    I would actually do a remake of Tresspasser but with the Crysis engin. Weapons would be limited and you would have to use the enviroment and your wits to survive. In order to have a deeper story i would make it so that Ann wasn't the only surviver. Have it so that one of the other survivors is Dodgson or someone who works for Biosyn who is there to steal dinosaur eggs. I have a long list of cool stuff I would want in the game but it's getting late. lol
  • edited March 2011
    FMV dating sim.
  • edited March 2011
    Trespasser 2
  • edited March 2011
    I'd make the game like...the first Resident Evil. Or well, the GameCube REmake.

Edit: And yes, I know that was already done with Dino Crisis and going to be done with Survivor, but canceled.
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Trespasser 2

Oh hell yes.
  • edited April 2011
    i would make an action/adventure open world game with a mix of survival horror where you could explore the 2 islands,drive vehicles ,take the tour etc,but have very few shooting in it...as for the story a combination between the movies and the novels would be nice.
  • edited April 2011
    Did you draw that Picture??
  • edited April 2011
    My dream JP game would be a 3D virtual reality version of the Arcade shooters but alternately,

I've always wanted a game that focused more on the digging, hatchery, & breeding, something were you could play as Grant, Doctor Wu, and Kathy [she from the book not the movie]. Like I always thought it would be cool to dig up the bones like interactively and touch the dinos and watch them hatch and physically release them into the wild and treat them. And then to end it when the park went haywire I want the challenge of surviving with NO WEAPONS that would be the type of game I'd make :]

Dino shooters and Park Builders are fun and all, but I'd prefer something free range with out the hastle of dealing with customers and stores like in JPOG and unique from the typical Dino Shooter. But a challenge ultimately >:] I guess the system I'm thinking sounds kind of puzzle based mixed with simulation? I can't think of something to compare it too
  • edited April 2011
    I'd probably do "Jurassic Planet": the genie is out-of-the-bottle, and you work as an Investigator for a department at the UN - PAGA, (Protection-Against-Genetically-Engineered Aberrations) - and go around the world on a global adventure, dealing with various genetics companies who are engaged in the "Amber Wars" and breeding all sorts of prehistoric animals for their own purposes...

Good God, that sentence was an aberration...Too many ellipses...:p
  • edited April 2011
    Dating sim. I'm going for the Nedry market.

"She seems like she's a clever girl!"
  • edited April 2011
    I would probably have a go at remaking SEGA'S Lost World Jurassic Park arcade game (on rails shooter a la House Of The Dead, but include extra chapters that go through the first film as well as the second. Either that, or a 3D action platformer in which you get to play as the dinosaurs themselves as they drive the humans off their island. I could see it being similar to the LWJP game that was released on the Playstation, except you would have the option to roar out in the middle of a fight to call other dinos in for help if you needed to.
  • edited April 2011
    A game where you could walk around.
  • edited April 2011
    ATMachine wrote: »

^ Don't knock it before you try it, broseph.
  • edited April 2011
    DustyBoy87 wrote: »
    ^ Don't knock it before you try it, broseph.

I agree
    rixcm wrote: »
    Oh hell yes.

Yes, i love people that agree! :D

Those are the only two words that I have to say in this thread tho: Trespasser 2
  • edited April 2011
    ATMachine wrote: »

Here here :]
  • edited April 2011
    Stop bashing the gameplay, people. SERIOUSLY. The main issue with games these days is that NOBODY CAN TELL A FUCKIN STORY. Don't gun down game developers that are honestly trying to tell a good story, and evolve the gameplay so that it's the most memorable way to experience. Honestly? If it wasn't for Telltale, do you honestly believe we'd get a Jurassic Park story worth mentioning? No. We'd have "OHHHH! We're stuck on an island with dinos! Let's shoot shit until a helicopter picks us up eventually!!!!1"

Kinda annoyed. >l
  • edited April 2011
    Stop bashing the gameplay, people. SERIOUSLY. The main issue with games these days is that NOBODY CAN TELL A FUCKIN STORY. Don't gun down game developers that are honestly trying to tell a good story, and evolve the gameplay so that it's the most memorable way to experience. Honestly? If it wasn't for Telltale, do you honestly believe we'd get a Jurassic Park story worth mentioning? No. We'd have "OHHHH! We're stuck on an island with dinos! Let's shoot shit until a helicopter picks us up eventually!!!!1"

Kinda annoyed. >l

Amen to that
  • edited April 2011

Kinda annoyed. >l

I REALLY dont think people are bashing anything OR complaining that it wasn't an FPS. I think we all have the opinion that the ability to walk around would allow more immersion into the environment. I'm slightly disappointed BUT I have the utmost confidence that TellTale will make us really enjoy the format they've chosen. And I KNOW the story will be awesome!:)
  • edited April 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    I REALLY dont think people are bashing anything OR complaining that it wasn't an FPS. I think we all have the opinion that the ability to walk around would allow more immersion into the environment. I'm slightly disappointed BUT I have the utmost confidence that TellTale will make us really enjoy the format they've chosen. And I KNOW the story will be awesome!:)

Very true, but take a look at the videos posted on youtube, and you'll see all the posts made by idiots complaining about either the graphics or the fact that it's not a FPS. Thankfully, that garbage hasn't happened here, but elsewhere, it's widespread
  • edited April 2011
    OH! I thought he was talking about members here. Yeah, there are a lot of haters on YouTube....I don't fully understand why.
  • edited April 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    OH! I thought he was talking about members here. Yeah, there are a lot of haters on YouTube....I don't fully understand why.

Because the gaming nation in general is slowly declining in intelligence. Gaming used to be about the experience, and it used to challenge the mind. Now it's just flashy overrealistic graphics and the same overused FPS engine. Mind you, there are still some great games out there, but the majority of the rest are going to fall into this category. Personally, my hat's off to the group here at Telltale for at least trying something different, especially with Jurassic Park.
  • edited April 2011

Kinda annoyed. >l
    That's exactly how I feel.
  • edited April 2011
    People on YouTube hate on everything imaginable, and usually for no apparent reason. 99% of the time their comments are such articulate, intellectually-stimulating fare as "GHEY"!!! :cool::p
  • edited April 2011
    I would invent a complete new genre...
    I hope developers from other firms will not read and steal my ideas :)

The JP game i would like to see is about to survive as a dinosaur (carnivore) hatchling. You have to hide, you have to hunt, you have to drink, you have to defend your nest/ territory against other Dinosaurs. The longer you survive the bigger you get. As an adult you have less enemies. You can threaten other smaller carnivore dinos (to get their prey) or you can hunt bigger herbivores. You can also pair with the opposite gender and give your genes to your offspring (and play with one of them after you are dead).
    Social animals like the Raptors can communicate and hunt together. The adult T-Rex has no enemies so no fears.

The game takes place on the Isla Nublar. You can see many known places like the visitor center from the film. There is also a day and night system.
    hide_from_the_ripper_by_r_dario.jpg

just a little sneak preview of my idea.
  • edited April 2011
    I would invent a complete new genre...
    I hope developers from other firms will not read and steal my ideas :)

The JP game i would like to see is about to survive as a dinosaur (carnivore) hatchling. You have to hide, you have to hunt, you have to drink, you have to defend your nest/ territory against other Dinosaurs. The longer you survive the bigger you get. As an adult you have less enemies. You can threaten other smaller carnivore dinos (to get their prey) or you can hunt bigger herbivores. You can also pair with the opposite gender and give your genes to your offspring (and play with one of them after you are dead).
    Social animals like the Raptors can communicate and hunt together. The adult T-Rex has no enemies so no fears.

The game takes place on the Isla Nublar. You can see many known places like the visitor center from the film. There is also a day and night system.
    i thought of a similar idea a while ago,but it should be just a game mode ,not the whole game because there wouldn't be much story in it now would it? it would work only on Isla Sorna(because dinosaurs are free and in larger numbers) not Nublar(though it could have like a small campaign where you get to play the events from all the movies from the dinosaur point of view) and it shouldn't only feature carnivores as playable dinosaurs;some herbivores like stegosaurus or triceratops would be nice too;maybe even a pterosaur would work nicely;it would make a nice multiplayer addition as well:imagine playing as carnivores vs herbivores or dinosaurs vs humans (something like AvP),even co-op modes;also if you play with the raptors you should be the alpha male and give 'orders' to the other raptors like to follow you,or to charge ,ambush prey stuff like that....anyway Carnivores:CityScape tried something similar but it wasn't that great....it would require a lot of work but it would add great replay value to a Jurassic Park game.
  • edited April 2011
    Well the whole "story" of this game would be to survive. You play as a dinosaur and see it's daily live and fight to survive. It should be something like a "simulation & survival" game.
    But you can also put tasks in the game like
    • "conquer" the territory of the rivalry compy pack.
    • try to kill a full grown Brachiosaurus as a T-Rex
    • try to catch a flying pterosaur as Dilophosaurus etc...

The alpha raptor idea is also nice but you have to fight your way to this status.

Edit: During the first Jurassic Park film all dinosaurs went free.
  • edited April 2011
    Well the whole "story" of this game would be to survive. You play as a dinosaur and see it's daily live and fight to survive. It should be something like a "simulation & survival" game.
    But you can also put tasks in the game like
    • "conquer" the territory of the rivalry compy pack.
    • try to kill a full grown Brachiosaurus as a T-Rex
    • try to catch a flying pterosaur as Dilophosaurus etc...

The alpha raptor idea is also nice but you have to fight your way to this status.

Edit: During the first Jurassic Park film all dinosaurs went free.
    Your ideas are great but like i said it shouldn't be the whole game ,just an additional game mode;more game content is always better:)....and yes in JP1 all the dinosaurs broke free in the end but there were too few in numbers for this idea to work,and besides from the second movie we learn that they all died because of a hurricane(Hammond tells Malcolm in the beginning)
  • edited April 2011
    TorQue wrote: »
    Your ideas are great but like i said it should't be the whole game ,just an additional game mode;more game content is always better:)....and yes in JP1 all the dinosaurs broke free in the end but there were too few in numbers for this idea to work,and besides from the second movie we learn that they all died because of a hurricane(Hammond tells Malcolm in the beginning)

A reason to make a sequel to the game :D with Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus & co.
  • edited April 2011
    The thing that got me hooked on Jurassic Park (not hooked on dinosaurs in general) was the whole build a park thingie that Hammond had going. I loved JPOG simply because I could make fences and put my dinosaurs in there, making it all neat looking and shit like that.

Would love another park builder game.
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Trespasser 2

I loved the first one, even though I didn't make it very far and the game mechanics were terrible. If this next game has HALF the production value of Trespasser, we are in for a real treat. Just curious though, how much of the Universal/JP license did Dreamworks have? Obviously they could afford Richard Attenborough for it.. I would love to at least hear his voice in this upcoming game! Oh.. and here's a little taste of Trespasser for those who may not know of it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW-7uatehx4

Edit: I remember I had surround speakers when this game first came out.. there's nothing like actually hearing a raptor or "something" creeping up behind you when you are wondering around. Again, I hope this upcoming game will have that same effect, though I know there won't be any walking around.
  • edited November 2011
    a poo, another jurassic park operation genesis with battlefield 3 graphics would be amazing, and you could control the dinosaurs, also you would have to eat and sleep just like on the sims 3, and you get better choices of paths and buildings to work on, like on site b, you can actually remake the lost world and JP3
  • edited November 2011
    I agree with bloodkiller630
    A JP:OG game where you can walk around like a visitor and take tours, come to the island in a helicopter with a dramatic cutscene, be able to control dinosaurs!
  • edited November 2011
    Another cool idea, aside from my remake of Trespasser, would be a game where you play as the game warden of Jurassic Park. There are different missions where you have to stop outbreaks, take people on tours, and stuff like that. And the story will be simular to the first film where you have to find out who the spy is that's trying to steal info from the island. Something like that.
  • edited November 2011
    TorQue wrote: »
    Your ideas are great but like i said it shouldn't be the whole game ,just an additional game mode;more game content is always better:)....and yes in JP1 all the dinosaurs broke free in the end but there were too few in numbers for this idea to work,and besides from the second movie we learn that they all died because of a hurricane(Hammond tells Malcolm in the beginning)

I believe you misinterpreted that. The fate of Nublar remains unclear. What Hammond tells Malcolm is that InGen left Site B after their facilities were destroyed by a hurricane.
  • edited November 2011
    i guess my Dream Jurassic Park game would be something maybe like Dead Island. a first person point of view RPG that lets you explore the whole island and do Quests/Missions. The fighting would be minimal as you wouldn't have that much to defend yourself with and it would be more survival horror feel, similar to Amnesia, where you have to run from the dinosaurs and wait for them to give up looking for you. because JP is not about killing dinosaurs, its about Dinosaurs hunting you in a way. obviously the story would be the main focus and that something i really want in a JP game
Sign in to comment in this discussion.