Reality 2.0 GameTap trailer (screenshots inside, avoid if sensitive to spoilers)

edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
It's out.

(obligatory extra letters)

Comments

• edited March 2007
    How spoilery? (if any)
  • edited March 2007
    Also, any reason why it is a 5-week difference between releases this time around? Was it (pre-planned) because of GDC?
  • edited March 2007
    That's not easy to say without having played the game. For example it wasn't clear how many puzzle solutions were in their Culture Shock trailer until you saw them in context.
  • edited March 2007
    That's true, but sometimes tabacco or somebody comes around and says "It's not very bad" or "Spoilers ahead."
  • edited March 2007
    It's not very bad :)

I saw it about a week ago, so maybe it's changed since then (although I doubt it), but it didn't give many puzzles away. It *will* spoil some environments, though, so if you prefer total surprise, I'd avoid all trailers :)
  • edited March 2007
    I think the Gametap trailer for Abe Lincoln Must Die was pretty good, it didn't reveal Abe Lincoln and it had a sorta-fake puzzle (Sam continuously shooting the mailbox).
  • edited March 2007
    numble wrote: »
    I think the Gametap trailer for Abe Lincoln Must Die was pretty good, it didn't reveal Abe Lincoln and it had a sorta-fake puzzle (Sam continuously shooting the mailbox).

But then they gave it away on the Infocard...

So it was moot, unfortunately.

Speaking of which, can Telltale try to make sure there are no spoilers on GameTap's infocards, either?
  • edited March 2007
    Where's the trailer? :/
  • edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Where's the trailer? :/
    Just out of the reach of non-Gametappers. Now I know how Tantalus must have felt...
  • edited March 2007
    Curse my inevitable ability to not access GameTap related to my location on the Earth!
  • edited March 2007
    We don't really have direct control over the infocard copy. As far as I know, all we can do is ask them nicely to change it.
  • edited March 2007
    Something cool, but possibly spoilery:
    It seems that the Episode-specific location(s) will be overlayed on top of the base neighborhood. Reality 2.0, indeed.
  • edited March 2007
    can anyone give me a brief description of what episode 5 is about
  • edited March 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    can anyone give me a brief description of what episode 5 is about

It's about two freelance detectives trying to unravel a mystery about hypnotism in the USA.

You had it coming!
  • edited March 2007
    Virtual Reality.

That's about all we've been given.
  • edited March 2007
    I have Gametap, but I don't see a trailer for Episode 5 on it? :/ I checked the Episode 5 "Comming Soon" details and all I got was a photo inside Sybils.
  • edited March 2007
    Interesting! I hope they pick up a sword(max) and get to slay a dragon :p
  • edited March 2007
    I actually couldn't find the trailer in Gametap either. Are you sure it's up?
  • edited March 2007
    Maybe it was up for awhile and Telltale told them to take it down?
  • edited March 2007
    Nope. Wasn't us.
  • edited March 2007
    No, it's definately there... Here's what I did to get to see it.

1. Open Sam & Max Episode 4
    2. Click Play
    3. Open and close the infocard until the video displayed shows the trailer.
  • edited March 2007
    Aha! I saw it! It's um, kind of hard to describe.
    Looks like Episode 5 is indeed set in virtual reality, duh, but I can't tell what the plot is. What I can say is that if you're tired of rehashing everything over and over again this Episode will give you significant relief. It also features a wooden sword. :p
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    But then they gave it away on the Infocard...

So it was moot, unfortunately.

Speaking of which, can Telltale try to make sure there are no spoilers on GameTap's infocards, either?

I emailed them as soon as I saw that. We had sent over a list of things not to reveal, with Lincoln's role in the game being one of them, but there was some confusion about whether that meant not to reveal it in the trailer, or not to reveal it at all. Anyway, they felt bad about it and were very apologetic for the mix-up.

I did see the text that will be going into the info card for episode 5 ahead of time and didn't have any problems with it. We have also been working closely with GameTap to try to prevent spoilers in trailers and other materials (Telltale signed off on the ep4 and ep5 trailers long before they went into GameTap's client). By the time episode 6 rolls around, we'll have this process down pat!

EDIT: Does "down pat" mean what I think it means?
  • edited March 2007
    Down pat means you know your shiz. :p
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    pat = mastered, perfect

:)
  • edited March 2007
    Quick, intern Nick, make us a shiny new trailer. I liked your last one... that should be incentive enough to make us a new one, right? And keep it as spoiler free as the last one. And make me a pie. Mmmm... pie.

Oh, and please?
  • edited March 2007
    Nick already crafted an awesome new trailer for you. You haven't seen it? Oh wait, we haven't posted it yet ;)

(Soon, though... soon)
  • edited March 2007
    Someone say pie? I wouldn't mind an apple pie, though a blueberry or cherry pie would be just as good. :D
  • edited March 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Nick already crafted an awesome new trailer for you. You haven't seen it? Oh wait, we haven't posted it yet ;)

(Soon, though... soon)

this week?
  • edited March 2007
    Pie!.. apple pie... blueberry pie!
    Yes please! ^^
  • edited March 2007
    tabacco wrote: »

(Soon, though... soon)

:( :( :(

(obligatory extra letters)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    this week?

Looks like Tuesday.
  • edited March 2007
    Aha! I saw it! It's um, kind of hard to describe.
    Looks like Episode 5 is indeed set in virtual reality, duh, but I can't tell what the plot is. What I can say is that if you're tired of rehashing everything over and over again this Episode will give you significant relief. It also features a wooden sword. :p

Does it look anything like Virtual Boy graphics, or am I aiming too high?
  • edited March 2007
    It looks WEIRD. That's all I'm saying. Not realistic. Weird.
  • edited March 2007
    For instance, here's an incredibly low-res picture of Sybil's office in the VR realm.

sybil.png
  • edited March 2007
    wow this looks pretty crazy
  • edited March 2007
    Interesting... my curiosity is officially piqued.
  • edited March 2007
    Uhm... Well, has anyone here ever played System Shock 2? Imagine the training session. Basically the world is half real and half neon wireframes with cycadellic colors. It's kind of like Tron or something.
    I also saw Hugh bliss with a large hat, like a sombraro Mexican hat or something. Most of the locations I saw were based on the originals, but like I said they are very different now.
    Some of them also looked possibly new. I couldn't find any plot clues, but since Sam had a wooden sword, it's possible you do virtual battle with something.

Tell you what, I'll try to capture some screenshots of it. It's really hard to get it to play, so I'll try for just 3 screenshots. I'll enlarge them a bit and try to put a spoiler cover over them too.
  • edited March 2007
    Uhm... Well, has anyone here ever played System Shock 2? Imagine the training session. Basically the world is half real and half neon wireframes with cycadellic colors. It's kind of like Tron or something.
    I also saw Hugh bliss with a large hat, like a sombraro Mexican hat or something. Most of the locations I saw were based on the originals, but like I said they are very different now.
    Some of them also looked possibly new. I couldn't find any plot clues, but since Sam had a wooden sword, it's possible you do virtual battle with something.

Tell you what, I'll try to capture some screenshots of it. It's really hard to get it to play, so I'll try for just 3 screenshots. I'll enlarge them a bit and try to put a spoiler cover over them too.

You can't spoiler pictures in this forum. Sorry.

Feel free to voice yourself at this thread
  • edited March 2007
    I've got some screenshots...

Can someone with mod powers please mark this thread as spoilers? There's no way to hide images with spoiler tags...

sybilinterior.png

sybilexterior.png

sybildoor.png

sword.png

streetsam.png

streetcar.png

streethughbliss.png

street.png

boscointerior.png

All these from one run-through of a trailer. All hail the powers of screencapture programs!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.