More "Back to the Future" Games?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I'm torn on this. It's great but really you can only really do so much with this franchise. With future seasons if there were some you would run a greater risk of it feeling like a rehash of the movies and the game.
  • This has been tabbed as the FIRST season so while a second season isn't confirmed, it hasn't been ruled out. This is basically a guinea pig for universal and telltale to see if they could co exist and how profitable it would be (which is something I have no clue how well it sold).

The jurassic park delay probably hurts the chances of a second telltale game.

But i'd prefer to see a more 'next gen' type game; instead of a puzzle make it more of a free roaming game (i dont think theres ever been a video game that lets you free roam through time has there?)
  • edited April 2011
    So bttf series 1 has almost ended just 1 more episode to go, anyone think telltale will make a series 2????

I personally hope so, as long as they explain why there hasnt been a paradox, even if its a crap explanation like: There was a time bubble protecting us from paradoxes...
  • edited April 2011
    After playing Episode 4 , the end of Bttf The Game is near. :( I hope TTG will make a second season :)
  • edited April 2011
    I already made this thread....
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry i saw it after i wrote this thread
  • edited April 2011
    I think it depends on how the series can be kept fresh and meaningful to the original trilogy. I personally love the route they went down storywise, particularly how its all built up in episode 4, but it all hangs on episode 5. Who knows whats going to happen to make all the loose ends fit together, (or will they?) but to me its more important they get the tone and story dead on for this first series and make it like a genuine extension of the films. They're well on their way to doing that, and I'd like to see more, but I'm always a bit weary of things being stretched out too long.
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry i saw it after i wrote this thread

doesnt matter :D
  • edited April 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    doesnt matter :D

So should i close this thread for you?
  • edited April 2011
    So should i close this thread for you?

na yours is more popular :D :D
  • I'll respond to yomans post made in the other topic in this thread :D
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    So bttf series 1 has almost ended just 1 more episode to go, anyone think telltale will make a series 2????

I personally hope so, as long as they explain why there hasnt been a paradox, even if its a crap explanation like: There was a time bubble protecting us from paradoxes...
    D

Guarantee episode 5 does not end in a manner which rules out all sequels. Before episode 1 was released, bob gale indicated he had ideas for a second season (more future based) but they wanted to see how the first one sold.

Normally i'd say i hate how things end on unresolved cliffhangers but that is how they intended to end the first film.
  • edited April 2011
    I'll respond to yomans post made in the other topic in this thread :D

Guarantee episode 5 does not end in a manner which rules out all sequels. Before episode 1 was released, bob gale indicated he had ideas for a second season (more future based) but they wanted to see how the first one sold.

Normally i'd say i hate how things end on unresolved cliffhangers but that is how they intended to end the first film.

thanks for replying, it seems if they make a series 2 it will be next year
  • edited April 2011
    I think that, as long as we get the old Doc back and he doesn't decide that time travel is indeed far too dangerous, then yes, a second season is possible. If we DON'T get old Doc back and/or he decides that time travel is far too dangerous and the time machines need to be destroyed once and for all, then no. No second season. Personally, I'd prefer the former. I don't want to have to destroy the time machines...again.
  • edited April 2011
    Look what happend the last time he said he wanted to distroy the timemachine, it was distroyed and he created the time-train.
  • edited April 2011
    I hope in OUTATIME there will be an open ending. So the chances of a sequel are open
  • edited April 2011
    Would be exciting from a Sci Fi perspective, to do more in Future Hill Valley's. Maybe show a butterfly ripple effect from the past, maybe something that occured in 1885...
  • edited April 2011
    I can't see why telltale would have an unhappy ending where Doc doesn't want to travel through time anymore
  • edited April 2011
    If they're going to end it just like the original movie they should leave it open just like the first movie

"Roads?...Where we're going we don't need "roads".
  • edited April 2011
    This has been tabbed as the FIRST season so while a second season isn't confirmed, it hasn't been ruled out. This is basically a guinea pig for universal and telltale to see if they could co exist and how profitable it would be (which is something I have no clue how well it sold).

The jurassic park delay probably hurts the chances of a second telltale game.

But i'd prefer to see a more 'next gen' type game; instead of a puzzle make it more of a free roaming game (i dont think theres ever been a video game that lets you free roam through time has there?)

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. and even more of time altering trickery is in Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages. of course this is only between two time lines

Ocarina being only between 7 years
    and Oracle being between 100 or so years.

Oh there's also Majora's Mask =3
  • edited April 2011
    KaiRubix wrote: »
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. and even more of time altering trickery is in Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages. of course this is only between two time lines

Ocarina being only between 7 years
    and Oracle being between 100 or so years.

Oh there's also Majora's Mask =3

Yes, and thanks to Ocarina of Time, there are split timelines in the Zelda universe. It's all Zelda's fault. :p
  • edited May 2011
    More Back to the Future games?
    Yes, please. At least one more season.
  • KaiRubix wrote: »
    If they're going to end it just like the original movie they should leave it open just like the first movie

"Roads?...Where we're going we don't need "roads".

thats what they will do; no way they rule out any sequels given the cash potential.
  • edited May 2011
    Im hoping they will make another series, this has been so well done and so much fun! 1930's was a great time period to pick, the characters were dead on and the plot especially in this last chapter has been very involving!
  • edited May 2011
    I hope this is merely a SEASON finale and not a SERIES finale.... maybe it'll end with a cliffhanger/teaser that leads into the season 2 premiere....? kinda like the end of BTTF 1?
  • I hope this is merely a SEASON finale and not a SERIES finale.... maybe it'll end with a cliffhanger/teaser that leads into the season 2 premiere....? kinda like the end of BTTF 1?

i think it'll be ambiguous like the end of parts I and III; it'll imply more adventures to come whether we see them or not.
  • edited May 2011
    if they do a Season 2 they need to do a Parallel Universe storyline.... I've read a few BTTF fanfics where Doc and Marty end up lost in the Multiverse and visit quite a few parallel universes... Kristen Sheley's were quite good...
  • edited May 2011
    I'd like to see one more season 2 please. They can build upon the first and add new areas to present Hill Valley. There are enough eras we could still explore. Future, a much earlier past etc...
  • edited May 2011
    I really want to go back to 1955!
  • edited May 2011
    if they do a Season 2 they need to do a Parallel Universe storyline.... I've read a few BTTF fanfics where Doc and Marty end up lost in the Multiverse and visit quite a few parallel universes... Kristen Sheley's were quite good...

I, too, would like to see that - but I have a feeling that they're probably not going to go that right. If there is a second season, I would like to see it take place primarily in the future. Or else, show us of what all time periods Doc Brown and his family spent time in. Either way, they should definitely stick to Hill Valley.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.