me noob. what is anti aliasing and what does it do?

edited April 2011 in Game Support
erm yeah so im trying to figure out how to stop back to the future from crashing every five minutes and am trying everything possible. ive posted on here but no one seems to answer :( in my attempts at fixing it im wondering what anti aliasing is cos im a noob and havent a clue :)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Anti Aliasing: Fooling the eye into thinking a jagged edge on an image is smooth.

anti-aliasing.jpg

About your game crashing, tell me the exact conditions of the problem. Is it just with a certain episode? Does it always crash within five minutes?
  • edited April 2011
    it crashes every five minutes during play :( if i have the graphics and resolution down real low then it plays fine but its kinda annoying

right so anti aliasing being high or low will have what effect on the game? be patient with me :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    If you turn anti aliasing off, the game will run better but the edges of objects in the game will look a bit jaggier.
  • edited April 2011
    thought so. thanks then at least now i can actually play the damn game now :)
  • edited April 2011
    its better anti aliased
  • edited April 2011
    nothing seems to help. it crashes anyway. im never gonna play this game am i?
  • edited April 2011
    Tried moving the shadows bar down one level?
  • edited April 2011
    yeah and that, everything. ive given up now. unless telltale releases a patch to fix it all im just gonna have to watch playthroughs on youtube or whatever :P
  • edited April 2011
    Or, perhaps, your computer may not be up to the job? Have you updated all of your drivers recently?
This discussion has been closed.