Unlock BTTF game screen

edited May 2011 in Game Support
I'm stuck at the stupid unlock screen and can't get past it. It says I'm in offline mode even though im connected to the internet. I've gotten a code from support and clicked unlock and nothing works. How do I get past this stupid screen

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I'm in the same boat, sir. This is very annoying.
  • edited April 2011
    Also, for the record I'm running the game on Mac OSX 10.6.6
  • edited April 2011
    I'm also running on a mac. I received a code and entered it but when i click unlock nothing happens. Very frustrated i can not play this game right now.
  • edited December 2013
    Same problem... I also was never able to unlock the last two episodes of Tales of Monkey Island.
  • edited April 2011
    Got the free BTTF episode 1. Working offline. First, game wouldn't start ... had to get the right driver file. Ok, wouldn't start again ... needed unlock code. Ok, got that ... doesn't work at all ... nothing.

This game is telltail of other games to come. Ask me if I'll ever actually shell out money for any of telltail games ... go ahead ... ask.

Too bad .. they have good ideas ... just can't deliver from what I've read in the threads.
  • edited April 2011
    Has this been resolved yet? I have the same problem.
  • edited April 2011
    Anyone find any solutions yet?
  • edited May 2011
    The first thing you can do is to try manually refreshing the launcher. Here's how to do so:

PC:

CTRL/Shift/+ then CTRL/Shift/-

Mac:

Command/Shift/+ then Command/Shift/-

If that doesn't work, there's a chance you may have a security program in place that's restricting the launcher from updating properly. Try turning off firewalls, etc, then reopen the launcher and see if that helps.
  • edited May 2011
    I'm probably doing it wrong but when I do those keys it asks if I want to deactivate the product, nothing else happens. I've tried turning off the firewall.

Also, idk if it matters, the game simply downloads to my downloads, and doesn't start an installer or anything. When I DLed Monkey Island demo to test another telltale game it does what a normal game does, it provides me a window in which to drag the game into the applications folder. BTTF on the other hand is just a file I have to manual move, and then obviously tells me I'm offline.

Idk if that information is useful at all but just trying to help so I can play this game eventually. Thanks.
  • edited May 2011
    I'm on Mac btw.
  • edited May 2011
    When it asks you to deactivate the product, say yes. :) Don't worry, all this will do is log you out of the launcher so you can log back in (this will refresh it, which often helps with this problem). You won't lose the game off your TTG account or anything.

It's odd that you aren't getting a prompt to move the game into your applications folder when you run the .dmg file you download from our site. Try moving the .dmg file to your desktop, then double-click it. You *should* see a user license agreement, and after that you should see a prompt to move the executable file to your Applications folder.

Here's another thing you might try:

1) Go to (your user name)/Library/Preferences.
    2) Scroll down the list of files and find the one named com.TelltaleGames.Platform.plist.
    3) Delete that file and try reopening the launcher.

Doing this will effectively make it as if you've never launched a BttF episode on your machine before, so you'll have to log into 104 again. (Don't worry, this won't effect your save games or anything like that.)
  • edited May 2011
    First off I'm trying to get 101 working not 104.

None of those steps seemed to work. The files is a .zip, and once unzipped it is simply the application. There is no .dmg that I've come across. I've tried multiple browsers and different internet connections with no luck.

I would blame my college's internet however I've never come across an issue before, and the fact that the game downloads in the particular way makes me believe my internet isn't the issue.

Any more tips, I don't want to study for finals. :D
  • edited May 2011
    Ah, my mistake. BttF101 just has a .zip file on Mac, but 102-104 use .dmgs. That really shouldn't have anything to do with the problem you're having, though.

What exactly do you see when you try to run the game? Is it a blank launcher window (or one that looks like parts of it aren't loading)? If so, and you're doing this on a school network, there's a good chance that's the source of the problem.
  • edited May 2011
    I assume it's a normal screen for someone without an internet connection. I attached the photo.

In 3 weeks I'll let you know if it was just my school internet, so you can stop trying to resolve the issue till then. lol.

Thanks again.
  • edited May 2011
    Right-clicked the game on start up & ran as administrator, had no issues. Might be your problem.

Not sure if I have the same issue, or if mine is something different. I successfully installed the game (which was made problematic, because the game required my permission to continue, but until I opened Task Manager, the pop-up didn't show) & played to the point after the car shows up. Then I had to quit.

Here's the issue, at the menu isn't letting my play. I select episode 1 & push play, but nothing happens (well it highlights the button & if I right-click it asks me if I want to copy the text). I can tell it to install later episodes from the same menu, but it isn't powering up the game. I wonder if it has anything to do with permissions (I have Windows Vista).

Or maybe I closed down the menu incorrectly the first time. I couldn't find a way to shut it down, other than by right-clicking the open item on my task bar. As it doesn't seem to have an off button.

Edit to add:
    If I reinstall the game & ask the installer to start up the game immediately, I can play the game. Once I quit, I'm stuck with the same issue. I'm downloading episode 2, in hopes this might fix the issue.

-
    Attached a screengrab of what I'm seeing. Note, I did not highlight the Start button. I just does that when I try to press it enough.
  • edited September 2013
    I'm still stuck here - first time attempting to play after purchase and install of 101. I'm in 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro with 2GB RAM. I've turned off firewall, removed all antivirus and restarted. I've run as an administrator with no other apps running on a fresh user account. I get the Offline Mode window, with a chance to request an unlock code. Nothing clicks. I've tried the command-shift-plus & minus, with no change. Now what??
This discussion has been closed.