SBCG4AP Resolution glitch?

edited November 2011 in Game Support
Help!

When I try to play Homestar Ruiner: my computer screen goes black, I can hear the game music playing, and there's an error message on my monitor saying that it can't display the game because it's not at 1440x900@60Hz.

I'm sure I could change it in game, but I can't get in game because of the blackness....

Any ideas? :D

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Hi Tilley, I think your screen is running at a resolution that the game can't handle. These resolutions should be supported:
    • 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1280x1024

Give one of those a try. If it doesn't work, try changing your screen's resolution to the lowest setting available. That should at least get you into the game and you'll be able to select a better resolution from there.
  • edited November 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Hi Tilley, I think your screen is running at a resolution that the game can't handle. These resolutions should be supported:
    • 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1280x1024

Give one of those a try. If it doesn't work, try changing your screen's resolution to the lowest setting available. That should at least get you into the game and you'll be able to select a better resolution from there.
    What if that's the only resolution your screen will display? I know at one point I had a monitor which simply would not display anything other than 1440x900. Any other resolution would cause the monitor to display an error message.

I don't have this problem anymore thankfully, but even still-- is there a way to force the game to use the ideal resolution for my screen so it doesn't have to distort the image from 16:9 to 4:3?
This discussion has been closed.