Hill Valley look-a-like

Is there a courthouse square in your town that looks like Hill Valley. Then post a picture here!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Bexar_county_courthouse.jpg

Nope. Ours, being at the seat of Spanish power in Texas, utilizes those motifs along with classical design.
  • edited April 2011
    ayuntamiento_pamplona.jpg
    This is not the courthouse, but the City Hall.
    It doesn't look much like Hill Valley, but I love my City Hall. Specially when it looks like this:
    image_preview
  • edited April 2011
    We have a clock tower at our university that was struck by lightning at some point.
  • edited April 2011
    phototf.jpg
    in Wellington, New Zealand!
  • edited April 2011
    Not in Phoenix specifically but about a two hour drive away in Prescott they have this awesome courthouse plaza that's very Hill Valleyesque.

Check it out on street view!
  • edited April 2011
    Courthouse (Oberlandesgericht) in Cologne, Germany, where I live. But unfortunately it has no clock.
  • edited April 2011
    It's a bit of a stretch but the park area of Hill Valley always reminded me of Jackson Square in New Orleans...

80-jacksonsquare.jpg

I'm not sure how it's looking after Hurricane Katrina hit though. :(

Of course the only true real life Hill Valley is the Universal backlot...

294005-universal_backlot___courthouse_facade_large.jpg

...which has thankfully been rebuilt following the recent fire damage.
  • edited April 2011
    There is 1 in my country in Dordrecht (Netherlands).

I will make a picture of it soon, i'm there almost every Thursday.
    First time i saw it i was like hey that look pretty much like the one from BTTF :)

UPDATE : google maps already found it.

http://www.google.com/maps?ll=51.813716,4.664426&spn=0,0.013078&z=17&lci=com.panoramio.all&layer=c&cbll=51.813716,4.664426&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-3113216

3113216.jpg

Even those windows, lion statues at the bottom.. really awesome
  • edited April 2011
    Sorta, it's one of our eldest high schools. Instead of a clock tower, it has a haunted bell tower. The bell used to ring, but not anymore.

2cia9hy.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    Trackah123 wrote: »

First time i saw it i was like hey that look pretty much like the one from BTTF :)

http://www.google.com/maps?ll=51.813716,4.664426&spn=0,0.013078&z=17&lci=com.panoramio.all&layer=c&cbll=51.813716,4.664426&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-3113216

3113216.jpg

Actually, it reminds me more of the New York public library (as featured in Ghostbusters)...

new-york-public-library.jpg

library_lions_fortitude.jpg
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2011

3113216.jpg

That looks a lot like the courthouse from the town where I was born:

elmiracourt.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    From the PC game, The Sims 3. This is a shot of Sunset Valley's Town Square with park and Court House:

screenshot-15.jpg?w=497&h=309

Hill Valley, BTTF Part One:

184641770_a3e0461d62_o1.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    here's an interesting image I found while Googling Hill Valley: backtothefuture_vintage.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    here's an interesting image I found while Googling Hill Valley: backtothefuture_vintage.jpg

I like the flying car in the background. Subtle.
  • edited April 2011
    From the PC game, The Sims 3. This is a shot of Sunset Valley's Town Square with park and Court House:

screenshot-15.jpg?w=497&h=309

Hill Valley, BTTF Part One:

184641770_a3e0461d62_o1.jpg

Lawsuit.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    There is 1 in my country in Dordrecht

Ja, dat is mooie. Veel bruiloften ook daar. Maar ik heb er nog nooit een BttF gevoel bij gekregen. :D
  • edited April 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Lawsuit.jpg
    I'm not sure you can actually legally sue for that. a town square park adjacent to a courthouse isn't a platform for infringement, lol. Besides, the walkways in the park are different too. If everything looked identical, i'd say yeah
  • edited April 2011
    Here are a few of the buildings where I live.

5492458620_ae3cbf607d_b.jpg

753px-2009-0711-EauClaire-CH.jpg

800px-Eau_Claire_-_Free_Masons_Building_2005.jpg

and most of our downtown looks like this... if the roads were dirt you could film a western here.
    800px-Eau_Claire_Wisconsin-Water_Street_Looking_East_2006-2.jpg
    800px-Eau_Claire_-_Barstow_street_looking_north_2005.jpg

The big island in that lake is all a park Carson Park... and on the park is a baseball field at one time we had a pro team... but that was long long ago... like 1937.
    CarsonMap.JPG
    carson_park_01.jpg
    Hank Aaron started his pro career here.... he is considered one of the greatest players to ever swing a bat.
    5107557826_394c54b8e3.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    I'm not sure you can actually legally sue for that. a town square park adjacent to a courthouse isn't a platform for infringement, lol. Besides, the walkways in the park are different too. If everything looked identical, i'd say yeah

Psstt *WHISPER* I was joking *WHISPER*
  • edited April 2011
    next time i go to old town ill be sure to take some pictures!
  • edited April 2011
    Oh man, even though Hill Valley was in CA, I'm envisioning lots of places in downtown Ann Arbor, MI that could make a good BttF setting. Next time I go I will try to remember this thread, and take some pics.
  • edited April 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    It's a bit of a stretch but the park area of Hill Valley always reminded me of Jackson Square in New Orleans...

*image snip*

I'm not sure how it's looking after Hurricane Katrina hit though. :(

It's perfectly fine dude, the flooding in New Orleans from Katrina never even came close to the French Quarter (the are where Jackson Square is located) The places that got hit the hardest was the lakefront area, where you have the University of New Orleans and alot of middle class housing, and the lower 9th ward, lots of government housing.

The inner city of New Orleans was left mostly unscathed and suffered only the typical hurricane damage such as broken windows and damaged roofs. It was the outer suburban residential areas such as Metarie and Chalmette that got hit the hardest. Those are the places that still haven't fully repaired from the storm. The actual city of New Orleans where you have Bourbon street, Jackson Square, The Riverwalk, and The French Market are all fine.(The French Quarter area in general) They were back up and running as soon as people were allowed back into the city.

Contrary to what the news would have you believe (that everything south of I-10 was a madmax esque war zone) the state has recovered, we weren't even hit near as badly as Mississippi and Alabama were. New Orleans was the only thing you heard about because it's a major city, and if the Louisiana government hadn't been suffering for years from greedy and corrupt politicians who pocket money from state run programs those levees would have been up to code.

Furthermore you can thank our governor at the time, Cathlene Blanco, for not requesting ANY federal aid until it was far to late. It was thanks to her and Mayor Nagan that things got so bad after the levees broke. Federal aid can't be given in a disaster situation unless the governor of the state requests it. Bush wanted to send in the national guard but would have had to send them into the city unarmed since they were not requested. Since he was getting reports that armed looters were running amok in the city he wasn't about to send them unarmed. Of course once Blanco did finally request federal assistance they were sent in armed only to find that the reports were incorrect.

*blinks* Oh my, I seem to have gotten on a tangent here. Sorry about that, it's a reflex since people are pretty uninformed about what happened since they don't live here and didn't see what the local news stations were reporting on a daily basis at that time.
  • edited April 2011
    New brunwick Nj
  • edited April 2011
    KeyMaster wrote: »
    It's perfectly fine dude, the flooding in New Orleans from Katrina never even came close to the French Quarter (the are where Jackson Square is located) The places that got hit the hardest was the lakefront area, where you have the University of New Orleans and alot of middle class housing, and the lower 9th ward, lots of government housing.

The inner city of New Orleans was left mostly unscathed and suffered only the typical hurricane damage such as broken windows and damaged roofs. It was the outer suburban residential areas such as Metarie and Chalmette that got hit the hardest. Those are the places that still haven't fully repaired from the storm. The actual city of New Orleans where you have Bourbon street, Jackson Square, The Riverwalk, and The French Market are all fine.(The French Quarter area in general) They were back up and running as soon as people were allowed back into the city.

Contrary to what the news would have you believe (that everything south of I-10 was a madmax esque war zone) the state has recovered, we weren't even hit near as badly as Mississippi and Alabama were. New Orleans was the only thing you heard about because it's a major city, and if the Louisiana government hadn't been suffering for years from greedy and corrupt politicians who pocket money from state run programs those levees would have been up to code.

Furthermore you can thank our governor at the time, Cathlene Blanco, for not requesting ANY federal aid until it was far to late. It was thanks to her and Mayor Nagan that things got so bad after the levees broke. Federal aid can't be given in a disaster situation unless the governor of the state requests it. Bush wanted to send in the national guard but would have had to send them into the city unarmed since they were not requested. Since he was getting reports that armed looters were running amok in the city he wasn't about to send them unarmed. Of course once Blanco did finally request federal assistance they were sent in armed only to find that the reports were incorrect.

*blinks* Oh my, I seem to have gotten on a tangent here. Sorry about that, it's a reflex since people are pretty uninformed about what happened since they don't live here and didn't see what the local news stations were reporting on a daily basis at that time.

Thanks, that was informative and quite sad (although it is somewhat of a relief to hear that the damage was not as severe as was reported). I hope my comment didn't offend you, just put it down to general ignorance (partially as a result of living in the UK and having a limited knowledge of foreign affairs).

Anyway, I hope all is well over there. I'd like to visit during Mardi Gras at some point.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    I'm moving to Petaluma this week... which is where Back to the Future was originally intended to be filmed on location.

...?...
  • edited April 2011
    I love this thread. Thanks for sharing everyone! I'll get to photos eventually.
  • edited April 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    I'm moving to Petaluma this week... which is where Back to the Future was originally intended to be filmed on location.

...?...

Wow, good luck with that! Does that mean you'll quit TTG? :O
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    jannar85 wrote: »
    Wow, good luck with that! Does that mean you'll quit TTG? :O

Uh... no... it means I'll be closer to the studio than before.
  • edited April 2011
    Ancestors of The Simpsons once passed through a town resembling Hill Valley.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.