Tales of Monkey Island - chapters 2-5 will not load

edited April 2011 in Game Support
Hey People,

I kinda need help.
Yesterday I bought the PC CD/Mac DVD version of Monkey Island 5, with all the chapters and things. Anyways, I just beat the first chapter and I was really excited. Worked perfectly.

But when I tried to open up the second chapter, it loaded for a second and then just ... stopped loading. Then it came up with two windows of the loading screen graphic. Really annoyed. Just want to play and hear Guybrush's hilarious jokes and family guy references and I can't do that.
I tested 3,4, and 5 and they didn't work either.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

(I've tried activating the .exe files separately (I think thats what they're called) and I've tried restarting the computer.) I REALLY don't wanna have to go playing around with all the direct x and whatever else there is coz if the first chapter works, the second-fifth ones should work too. At least you'd think.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Hi! Welcome to the forums!

I once had this issue with Sam and Max episodes. I just installed them one-by-one as I was playing through the story. When I finished chapter one, I uninstalled it and then installed chapter two. Restarted my pc and it worked.

Please let me know if it works for you. It sometimes does that, depending on the system.
This discussion has been closed.