BTTF Launcher not loading ccompletely

edited April 2011 in Game Support
Whenever i try to open the launcher through the ep 2 or 3 shortcut the launcher opens but doesnt load completely the Marty picture loads but none of the episode buttons load and the avatar in the top right doesnt load either.

Ep 1 works fine and I know you can access all eps from the one launcher but id like the shortcuts to work.

thanks,

Comments

• edited April 2011
    [ REPOST under advice from Timothy http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-786 ]

England:
    Vista on a Fujitsu Seimens Amilo Li1718:
    preordered whole season:
    episode 1 works fine.

episode 2:
    installed to custom directory (as with episode 1).[c:\users\public\games\bttf\]
    run program as administrator - check.
    logged into ttg website.

running episode one launcher lists episode 2 as present however selecting leads to same as running episode 2, ie.:

displays launcher backdrop, has 'episodes' list on left, empty, has link (only interactive element) that leads me here.

I am at a loss and calling it a night before it manages to put me in a bad mood.

Please SOMEONE FROM T.T.G. ! ! ! H E L P ! ! !

Comment by Quasipod April 7, 2011, 2:13 pm

P.S. have created the username Quasipod to make sure that that was not the silliness. It isn't.

Comment by Quasipod April 7, 2011, 2:56 pm
  • edited April 2011
    My Launcher is completely broken, I tried installing the games several times, but the launcher is "empty" I only see "Episodes", but there are no episodes to select!

I somehow managed to get it working and I watched the intro to episode 3 and close it thinking my issue was resolved, but today it said I only had episode 1 and when I installed 3 it went back to the state I described before... :(
  • edited April 2011
    I reinstalled episode i to "C:\USERS\PUBLIC\TELL TALE GAMES\" to which it added "BACK TO THE FUTURE\EPISODE ONE\" allowing it to check DirectX (which did install new components(??)). played it through on lowest possible graphics configuration. Works just fine as always did.

reinstalled episode ii to same directory, it adding "BACK TO THE FUTURE\EPISODE TWO\" again allowing it to check DirectX(which says same or better already installed). left "play now" and "create desktop shortcut" checked. launcher ran, asks me to sign in with my TTG credentials (which I did) and am now presented with a functioning launcher with first and second episodes as selectable options!

as not in "PROGRAM FILES" do not need to run as administrator. Am logged in to TTG as Quasipod (think this only need be done first execution but may be wrong).

played through just fine ??
This discussion has been closed.