Wee Bullying Animation

edited March 2007 in General Chat
Hey guys!!

Im creating a simple flash animation for part of my course, its to be between 30 seconds and 1 minute, and im just wondering what you's think of it so far.
I've chosen to do it on bullying.

http://www.krmorris-mediadesigns.co.uk/

Obviously its not yet finished but any crits and comments would be great, thanks.

Welshy

Comments

• edited March 2007
    That's very good!
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, I agree--pretty good.

What kind of course is this for?
    Did you do all the drawings/music yourself?
  • edited March 2007
    numble wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree--pretty good.

What kind of course is this for?
    Did you do all the drawings/music yourself?

Its for a Multimedia Development course. Thanks for the comments, I created the whole thing using flash mx. Im actually having trouble thinking up an ending, so if any1 has an idea that'd be great.

(its meant to be storyboarded already but mine kind of...isnt)
  • edited March 2007
    Heh... nice use of the Shins for background music :)

There's always the classic blowing-up-earth ending :)
  • edited March 2007
    I'm trying to think of an original idea for an ending but all I can come up with are cliches...

Did you draw them in Flash or use an external program? (or hardware like a wacom tablet?)
  • edited March 2007
    numble wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of an original idea for an ending but all I can come up with are cliches...

Did you draw them in Flash or use an external program? (or hardware like a wacom tablet?)

I pretty much created the whole thing in Flash by simply reshaping rectangles and squares, a few of the objects, such as the Earth and the big bully's hand had to be drawn in flash using my tablet.
  • edited March 2007
    Maybe he goes back to his planet, gets an army of armed bodyguards that shoots everybody that's mean to him?
    And after enjoying to see the humans suffer for a while, thats starts to get boring as well...

Hmmmm... Or maybe not...

Nice film though! :)
  • edited March 2007
    I like the style of it... the only thing I would ask for is a replay button at the end, instead of an automatic loop... it confused me for a second until I realized it had looped.
  • edited March 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    I like the style of it... the only thing I would ask for is a replay button at the end, instead of an automatic loop... it confused me for a second until I realized it had looped.

Yeh dont worry there will be a 'play again' button at the end, but i still have 1 scene to do first before I get there :)

Cheers for the nice comments.

Welshy
  • edited March 2007
    http://www.krmorris-mediadesigns.co.uk/

Just to let you all know that i've updated it.
    Also, I chose not to used the 'destroy the world, killing everybody' idea...simply because it'd take too long to animate.
    Instead i've replaced it with an equally hetrosexual ending....honest.

What dya's think?
  • edited March 2007
    Welshy wrote: »
    Its for a Multimedia Development course. Thanks for the comments, I created the whole thing using flash mx. Im actually having trouble thinking up an ending, so if any1 has an idea that'd be great.

(its meant to be storyboarded already but mine kind of...isnt)

The alien takes his new class to his planet, and humans gets same welcoming as the alien on earth. The idea is that "Bullies can be also bullied". Bullies turn into slaves for aliens, and story ends up when the alien and bold guy playing with ball. (ball looks like earth) :D
  • edited March 2007
    Yay, a play again button! And heterosexual? I wouldn't have questioned it if you hadn't brought it up... but now I wonder...

I am not very good at anything other than photo manipulation, so I am impressed by it. I like the style, the music, and the ending. I am glad you tied it up in the end... otherwise there would have been no reason to have the kid with the orange ball be near the original landing site. Good work.
  • edited March 2007
    Wow, best ending ever. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.