Strange flickering black boxes - please help

edited April 2011 in Game Support
Hi there.

I'm currently running this game on my iMac and this is the problem I seem to be having with it:

BTTF.jpg?t=1302439812

These black squares flicker like mad when the character move around. In order to get rid of them I have to turn the graphics option all the way down to 3 bars, this makes me think that it's clearly more of an issue with my system than the game, except that I never had this issue with Episode I.

I've had this issue with Episodes II and III, and it's a bit of an annoyance having to turn the graphics all the way down to play them, especially when I can play the first episode at the default settings.

Now here are the recommended mac settings for the game:

Mac:
Minimum Specs
Processor: 2.0 Ghz Intel or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video Card: 256 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Recommended Specs
Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
Not recommended for Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks

I have all of this, and a higher processor but my memory is 1GB. I assume this is causing the issue, but why am I not having troubles with the first episode?

Any help at all would be welcome. Thanks

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Have you tried adjusting the shadows bar by one level or so?
  • edited April 2011
    Yea I've dropped the shadows and nothing happened, I also turned effects off and they're still there.

It's literally the second I drop the detail bar to 3 then they go away, if I have it at 4...still there.
  • edited April 2011
    There's something wrong with the texture of your foliage, the most likely case is that the textures are not working as they should and are displaying without transparency. (The black parts should be invisible.)
  • edited April 2011
    So the million dollar question is....is there anyway around it?
  • edited April 2011
    *cough*bump*cough*
This discussion has been closed.