BTTF on Mac

edited April 2011 in Back to the Future
I recently bought a mac. It's great, doesn't even get warm while I'm using it.

Anyways, prior to this I had a PC, and had the full season installed on my PC.

Can some one save me some time? I want to know if I can run my purchased season on my Mac.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Why can't you just go to 'My Games' on your Telltale account and re-install the game using the Mac download?

Or are you wondering whether your PC version will run on the Mac? Given that there's two separate downloads for the game (PC and Mac), you're better off downloading the Mac version.

Hope that somewhat answers your question.
  • edited April 2011
    Why can't you just go to 'My Games' on your Telltale account and re-install the game using the Mac download?

Or are you wondering whether your PC version will run on the Mac? Given that there's two separate downloads for the game (PC and Mac), you're better off downloading the Mac version.

Hope that somewhat answers your question.

I guess I could do that, I didn't know that I could. Well, that settles that, most likely. Thanks.
  • edited April 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    I guess I could do that, I didn't know that I could. Well, that settles that, most likely. Thanks.

Actually if you have a new Mac, you can run BootCamp which basically boots up your Mac in PC Mode. The BootCamp setup has you install windows on a partition on your HD. I have been a Mac user since the early 80's and BootCamp is the greatest thing ever. It allows me to use PC software on my Mac. BootCamp is not an emulation program. I have tried multiple Windows emulation programs over the years and none of them worked very well with games. Bootcamp actually turns your Mac into a hybrid Mac/PC.

You should really check it out, not just for this game, but for all of the other games you could have access to. Never been a better time to be a Mac user.
  • edited April 2011
    Actually if you have a new Mac, you can run BootCamp which basically boots up your Mac in PC Mode. The BootCamp setup has you install windows on a partition on your HD. I have been a Mac user since the early 80's and BootCamp is the greatest thing ever. It allows me to use PC software on my Mac. BootCamp is not an emulation program. I have tried multiple Windows emulation programs over the years and none of them worked very well with games. Bootcamp actually turns your Mac into a hybrid Mac/PC.

You should really check it out, not just for this game, but for all of the other games you could have access to. Never been a better time to be a Mac user.

I just got this Mac, I just want legit software on it that I can trust. Boot camp sort of makes me nervous. I was told that I have last year's model, and I believe it, I'm playing BTTF in high quality mode :D But, I can't find bootcamp on my machine.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Bootcamp is as legit as it is, as it's an Apple utility that's included in Mac OS X.
    You can find the Bootcamp Assistant in /Applications/Utilities.
    However, you still need a Windows installation disc to create a bootcamp partition.
    If you bought the game legally from Telltale, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to download the Mac versions from your account, though.
    Another solution which might work with Back to the Future (and which definitely works with previous Telltale games that are still unavailable for Mac, such as the first season of Sam & Max or Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures) is CrossOver Games. I used it to play Tales of Monkey Island before the Mac version was released and it worked great.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.