get tannen alternate timeline

probably about a month too late but what the hill (valley).

In the very short alternate timeline from episode 2, biffs brothers mentioned that marty caused biff to crash into A manure truck. So this implies 3 things;

1) there has been debate about whether time travels still occur in the alternate timelines as doc and marty couldnt get together for the time travels in them but according to this brief timeline, they still do happen
2) but wait; they state that biff only crashed into 1 manure truck so does that somehow imply that one of the 2 1955 time travels/manure crashes do not happen in this timeline?
3) off topic kind of but this is the first timeline in which biff figures out it was in fact marty who made him crash in 1955. He may piece it together in 2015 but it's still up i the air.

Any thoughts/theories?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I think Marty caused Biff to crash into a manure truck sometime in 1985. There's no way Biff could think it was Marty in 1955 without discovering the existence of time travel. It was probably an incident that occurred off screen to give us the impression that in every timeline Marty somehow causes a Tannen to crash into a manure truck.
  • edited April 2011
    Okay, here's probably what happened. This version, time travel still occurred, with the same expected results. Marty goes back, changes his father's destiny, not knowing what would happen to him, the returned to find out that he'd been run out of town and Doc is nowhere to be found. So he probably left town to keep his parents safe. This Marty probably didn't have too much of a backbone when it came to the Tannens, and likely the manure truck incident was an accident on Marty's part.
  • edited April 2011
    actually, I think they're referring to the manure truck that Marty causes KID Tannen to crash into at the end of ep. 1
  • edited April 2011
    It's most likely an off screen manuring as the Tannens wouldn't expect it to be the same kid from 1955 let alone 1931.
  • homsar8 wrote: »
    actually, I think they're referring to the manure truck that Marty causes KID Tannen to crash into at the end of ep. 1

i dont think so; notice biff takes exception when his brothers bring it up? And the interaction with Kid in 1986 implies he doesn't realize it was marty.
    joek86 wrote: »
    It's most likely an off screen manuring as the Tannens wouldn't expect it to be the same kid from 1955 let alone 1931.

That makes the most sense unless biff pieces it together after the almanac run in. If any of the 1955 characters could figure out the time travel on their own it should be biff.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.