bttf paradox

in bttf 1 doc probably got the note after the delorean left.but in bttf 2 marty makes marty faint therefore doc never got the note so that messes up alot.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I'm going to assume that you mean the note that says Doc'll get shot in 1985.

In the first movie, he rips up the letter to avoid learning about his future. At the end of the movie, it's revealed that he taped it together and read the letter which warned him about the shooting.

In the second movie, you're correct in saying that he faints however he could have easily fixed up the letter anytime between sending the DeLorean back to 1885 (the third movie) and the predicted shooting in 1985. He had an ample amount of time to fix and read the letter before the shooting.
  • edited April 2011
    He put the ripped up note in his pocket before going up the clock tower.
  • He put the ripped up note in his pocket before going up the clock tower.

bingo. Or marty tells him offscreen in the coming days.
  • edited April 2011
    I love with bttf people thinking they r being smart but totally overlooking things.

OMG they changed the events of 1955 so even though doc has the ripped up note in his pocket there is no way at all in the 30 years of his life we do not see between 1955 and 1985 he culd of sellotaped it bk together.
  • edited April 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    I love with bttf people thinking they r being smart but totally overlooking things.

OMG they changed the events of 1955 so even though doc has the ripped up note in his pocket there is no way at all in the 30 years of his life we do not see between 1955 and 1985 he culd of sellotaped it bk together.

No need to be a emo hoe about this...

I mean seriously, you were self want to sound intelligent some times too. Everyone wants to feel accepted, valued. It's ok, just like you right now talking smack about those little bttf people thinking they r being smart but totally overlooking things...

The franchise DOES have other paradoxes. But...
  • edited April 2011
    How is it talking smack?

That would involve insulting them.
    1) I said I love. Love is good.
    2) They do tend to think they have been smart in noticing it, its a fact.
    3) They nearly always have overlooked something, its a fact.
  • edited April 2011
    I agree, just so all you guys know. Every paradox and event in the trilogy can be explained, so no need to think you've found a paradox that destroyes the whole franchaise!
  • edited April 2011
    It's conversation, in defending the series you guys just seem to be a little condescending to me. I love several movie franchises, that doesn't mean i don't like picking them apart on occasion.

Then again, I am making waves in your direction now. I mean well, I don't want to be pretentious. I just feel like you guys some times get carried away when some one tries to find a meaningful conversation within time travel paradoxes in a movie...

It's not like Stephen Hawking wrote this movie...
  • edited April 2011
    then how about this paradox. marty in time line a got a hand out that said save the clock tower, went back in time and spared the clock tower from preaty much any damage at all there fore about the only one who knows the clock tower got struck by lighting is doc. so theres no way in timeline b that marty would get the" save the clock tower" pamphlet, which means that he wouldnt know when or where lighting would strike which means he would never get home.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm sorry if you felt like I were little condescending to you, that was not the intention! But we would love to help you with questions about paradoxes, and I'm sorry once again!
  • edited April 2011
    I'm sorry if you felt like I were little condescending to you, that was not the intention! But we would love to help you with questions about paradoxes, and I'm sorry once again!

LOL, but you're not catching on...

I don't need your help, :p What is it you are going to aid me, help me with? What is it that I'm lacking and that you have? Oh, you must be a science major, right?

Interesting how you speak on the behalf of others, as well...

This series has several legit paradoxes at least as far as logic/ story goes...
  • edited April 2011
    Jesus Christ, you are annoying! Okay, I don't have all the answers, and I'm just trying to tell you that I'M SORRY! You may be better than me in Science, and really everything else , I can't tell that just by looking at your profile or read your statement. I know this is a site where you could have a conversation with other about paradoxes. So I reject all of my other statements and let's try to have a normal conversation about the paradox.
  • edited April 2011
    Jesus Christ, you are annoying! Okay, I don't have all the answers, and I'm just trying to tell you that I'M SORRY! You may be better than me in Science, and really everything else , I can't tell that just by looking at your profile or read your statement. I know this is a site where you could have a conversation with other about paradoxes. So I reject all of my other statements and let's try to have a normal conversation about the paradox.

LOL! Ok. :) Nice to meet you, welcome to TTG FORUMS! Where it's like this EVERY DAY!

MUAHAHAHAH!!

MAUAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

No, I don't think I'm better than you, but some times I challenge myself.
  • edited April 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    It's conversation, in defending the series you guys just seem to be a little condescending to me. I love several movie franchises, that doesn't mean i don't like picking them apart on occasion.

Then again, I am making waves in your direction now. I mean well, I don't want to be pretentious. I just feel like you guys some times get carried away when some one tries to find a meaningful conversation within time travel paradoxes in a movie...

It's not like Stephen Hawking wrote this movie...

You should hear me pick apart Star Trek sometimes. :p BTTF really makes up its own time travel rules as it goes along. It sometimes has a hint of "Things have to happen this way or the universe is doomed" along with "The future can be changed without destroying the universe." Not to mention the sheer fact that BTTF time travel completely ignores the laws of thermodynamics. :p
  • edited April 2011
    Without knowing even a little about such things, I can say I think it's really cool and impressive that you do, thermodynamics.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.