Screen Sizing Problem

edited April 2011 in Game Support
I downloaded the free first episode of BTTF, and the problem I'm seeing to have is when I get to the options screen and I try to set the game's screen size. I try to turn full-screen from "off" to "on". When I click "on", it says that a problem was encountered and the game closes itself. If I can get any help regarding this issue, I would be very grateful.
EDIT: I can click on stuff like turning subtitles on and off, starting a new game, and trying to change the screen resolution just fine. It's the size of the screen that's causing me problems. Also if it helps, I'm trying to run the game on a Windows XP.

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Hi JurassicGuy, what resolution is your screen running when you load the game?
  • edited April 2011
    It's on 1024x768 when I try to change the screen size.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    There's the screen resolution selected in Windows:

XQ39A.gif

And the resolution selected in-game:

qyYYV.jpg

Try making sure those two match before changing to fullscreen (don't know if this will help at all, since mine seems to adjust ok even if the resolutions are mismatched).

Have you tried changing the graphics options to a lower quality?

If those things don't work, send an email to support@telltalegames.com. It would be helpful if you could paste your DXDiag info into the email text (they can't receive attachments). You can also post it here, but I think you're more likely to get a response via email.

Or of course just play it in windowed mode if you can't wait. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks very much for the help Puzzlebox!
    I've got it working fine now! BTW, I loved the episode and I am honestly convinced to get the rest of the season! (Though I should probably watch the 2nd and 3rd movies while I'm at it. I've never seen them. :p )
This discussion has been closed.