Minecraft: Visitor's Center

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
Just thought I'd share my minecraft project from the past few days, the Visitor's Center from Jurassic Park. The original idea was to build the movie version as close as I could, to scale, using some of the schematics from JPLegacy. Because of the constraints of the program, I couldn't get it perfect, but I got the exterior as close as possible. The interrior is more what I could get away with given the outer shell, so it ends up being a blend of book, movie, and whatever I could get away with. Texture is based on a photoreal texture pack I found and modified.

I still need to do the offices, fix the kitchen, and reskin a few things (like the storage chests and see if I can get the sandstone pillars to blend more smoothly; also maybe some fossils in place of paintings so can decorate the pillars).

My friends are trying to get me to do the whole visitor's complex from the book, but dunno how far I want to go with that.

I'd offer to open up a server for a Park project, but my connection wouldn't be able to handle it (stupid time-warner...), so instead, share your creations thread?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    nice one :D
  • edited April 2011
    What texture pack did you use? Could you give us the link?

P.S. Nice work!!!
  • edited April 2011
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=136785 Texture
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=163224 Furniture

I'm using the 64x64 version without the grasses as a base atm, since I'm on my mom's computer (old stock store HP, so weak graphics and ram). My machine fried and I'm waiting on the replacement. The fossil textures and doors were added into it by me, and I'm not done editing, so if you want those I'll post them when I have them. Also have the source files still for all the added stuff, so I should be able to do higher res versions.

Might take a while, since dad and I got robbed like an hour after I posted and we have to deal with the police, DHS, and whatnot before gameage.
  • edited April 2011
    Thanx, for the textures packs!! Really appreciate it!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.