"It's a fact, you can look it up."

Has anybody noticed how many times people in Back to the Future the game say: "It's a fact you can look it up."? At first I thought it was just Edna, but more people say it. It seems to be like a running gag, but I don't get it. What's the point of it? I don't remember all of them, but if you play it you should check for it, it's said a lot.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    what?
  • edited April 2011
    coolguy721 wrote: »
    what?

The line "It's a fact you can look it up." is said a lot in the game and I was wondering what the relevance was.
  • edited April 2011
    I've only noticed Edna and First Citizen Brown say it. I figured the latter was to emphasize what an influence Edna has on Emmett.
  • edited April 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    I've only noticed Edna and First Citizen Brown say it. I figured the latter was to emphasize what an influence Edna has on Emmett.

I could have sworn more people said it, but that does make sense. Thanks.
  • edited April 2011
    I could have sworn more people said it, but that does make sense. Thanks.

Nope. Although I heard the same line from a totally unrelated game, or a movie, or really anything else; I'm don't really remember it quite well. Anyway, although the line is pretty generic, it still got me confused when I heard that in that game/movie/whatever.

EDIT: Might be Batman: Arkham Asylum. I can imagine Mark Hamill saying that line.
  • edited April 2011
    I think maybe one or two people say it in Citizen Brown but it's probably just down to Edna's influence in this timeline.
  • edited April 2011
    I've noticed that too.
    First time I heard that line was Edna in Episode 1, in original 1986, and she repeated it several times since then. I thought it was Edna's catchphrase, but now I don't know what to think. I can understand First Citizen Brown saying that line because he's heavily influenced by Edna. But Jennifer said it too, and she is against the system, I doubt she is incluenced too
  • edited April 2011
    Or she's mocking him? I know that when I want to stick it at someone, I often say a line they say to me often (in my case, it's "it depends" ...the amount of times I heard that damn line...) so it could be that Jennifer is just mocking Marty cause in that timeline he's a goody goody and probably says that line often?
  • edited April 2011
    Or she's mocking him? I know that when I want to stick it at someone, I often say a line they say to me often (in my case, it's "it depends" ...the amount of times I heard that damn line...) so it could be that Jennifer is just mocking Marty cause in that timeline he's a goody goody and probably says that line often?

My genius bet goes on this guy...OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN! He's the genius, not me, don't make this pretentious on me...
  • edited April 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    My genius bet goes on this guy...OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN! She's the genius, not me, don't make this pretentious on me...

Yeah... :)
  • edited April 2011
    Marty's dad says it once or twice as well. And I'm pretty sure Jennifer did too. Yeah, I just marked that down to Edna's influence.
  • edited April 2011
    I think Officer Parker said it at well.
  • edited April 2011
    I find it interesting that Emmett's invention pretty much confirmed that Edna was right. 90% of Hill Valley really does consist of hooligans. If only she'd gone into statistical mathematics instead of reporting or world domination. She would have been a natural at it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.