Patterns in the series you wish they had kept?

edited April 2011 in Back to the Future
The movies have certain patterns from film to film...

One thing I've noticed that the game lacks is a good thunder storm. :p Every BTTF film, if I'm right about this, has a thunderstorm in it some where.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Maybe there will be a thunder storm in the last episode. Isn't there some promotional concept art for Episode 5 that depicts the DeLorean driving through rain?
  • Julianne wrote: »
    Maybe there will be a thunder storm in the last episode. Isn't there some promotional concept art for Episode 5 that depicts the DeLorean driving through rain?

yes in front of the clocktower no less. Maybe a return to 1955? Though interesting that there's not much rain on november 12th. Doc and marty stay completely dry at the clocktower but marty from part II does get wet after doc gets struck by lightning.
  • edited April 2011
    Every movie has Marty getting knocked out.
    Every movie shows the clock tower getting struck by lightning, sending Marty back to 1985.
    Every movie has something wrong with the time machine.

So far the only one of those in the game so far is the time machine getting wrecked at the beginning of episode 3.
  • edited April 2011
    It storms/ possibly rains quite a bit in the first movie. Haven't watched the second, third this year.

But re-watching the first, it storms most the movie. It starts as soon as Marty wakes up in 1955 and occurs on and off the rest of the movie.
  • jwalker30 wrote: »
    Every movie has Marty getting knocked out.
    Every movie shows the clock tower getting struck by lightning, sending Marty back to 1985.
    Every movie has something wrong with the time machine.

So far the only one of those in the game so far is the time machine getting wrecked at the beginning of episode 3.

and really in the film there's only 2 storms, one just happened to have been in all 3 films (the clocktower scene). The only other one is when it's raining when they arrive in 2015.
  • edited April 2011
    and really in the film there's only 2 storms, one just happened to have been in all 3 films (the clocktower scene). The only other one is when it's raining when they arrive in 2015.

Well, I'm going to have to watch all the films . :p

It's very subtle but there's at least TWO storms in the first movie alone.
    Check out the scene where marty wakes up in 1955 in his mother's home, it's clearly storming.

Ok, and the parking lots are always wet in the movies, a POSSIBLE indication it has rained previously.
  • edited April 2011
    I kinda like the ironic paradox that Hill Valley seems to get a heck of a lot of rain yet in 1885 its a wild west barren dry desert type location.
  • Emo Hoe wrote: »
    I kinda like the ironic paradox that Hill Valley seems to get a heck of a lot of rain yet in 1885 its a wild west barren dry desert type location.

It does? I dont remember it raining during the 5 days Marty was there?
  • edited April 2011
    Well across the movies we see a good few rain storms in 1985 and 1955 Hill Valley, which is clearly not a desert and as mentioned above things like carparks seem to always have puddles n be wet. Hence its kinda ironic tht in 1885 Hill Valley was in the desert.
  • edited April 2011
    It rains 2-3 times in Part II...the ending and the beginning are standing out right now. It's the same storm from the other movie at the end, but still...
  • doodo! wrote: »
    It rains 2-3 times in Part II...the ending and the beginning are standing out right now. It's the same storm from the other movie at the end, but still...

It's raining when they arrive in 2015, doesn't rain in either of the 2 1985 parts but does start raining after doc gets struck by lightning.

And actually I do remember it's still raining at docs house when we see marty bringing him inside (not sure if it stopped and started again or just rained in one part of the town).
  • edited April 2011
    "Nobody calls me chicken."
  • edited April 2011
    Ciremi wrote: »
    "Nobody calls me chicken."

He got over that though.
  • edited April 2011
    Doesn't the thunder storm in the opening dream sequence kinda count?

The only thing I can see that's missing is a skateboard chase (I guess the third film lacked that too but I recall the hoverboard seeing a fair bit of action during the train scene) and Marty being knocked out and then woken up by a strange version of his mother.

But I guess the rocket powered bike chase could be seen as a spiritual successor to the skateboard chases (in that Marty steals then modifies somebody else's form of transportation and then uses it in a high-speed chase) and Marty did get woken up by his mom after the dream at the beginning, so those are close enough for me.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone call him chicken, though, even if it's just an excuse to show that he really isn't bothered by it anymore.
  • edited April 2011
    There's a storm in the opening? I have to check that out...
  • doodo! wrote: »
    There's a storm in the opening? I have to check that out...

yeah in the re-enactment of part I, doc disappears and it starts raining.
  • edited April 2011
    Well they did keep it but i think they should of put it in every episode:

In ciziten brown when martys looking around hill valley exacly the same as in bttf 1!!
    (this was in its about time as well but it sucked in its about time because it wasnt the same way.... it has to be just right lol)
  • yoman45135 wrote: »
    Well they did keep it but i think they should of put it in every episode:

In ciziten brown when martys looking around hill valley exacly the same as in bttf 1!!
    (this was in its about time as well but it sucked in its about time because it wasnt the same way.... it has to be just right lol)

Happens 4 times in the trilogy; once in every time period (1885, 1955, 1985A, and 2015) and its always the court square.

I guess they could have done it in episode 1 but episode 2 was mostly 1931 again aside from the brief scene in 1986 but there wasn't enough time there.
  • edited April 2011
    I think if you had even just a few scenes or motifs from the film recurring every time in all of the 6 episodes it would wear a bit thin. Since the episodes combined could probably count as one big film, it wouldn't really be practical plot-wise to try and shove a lightning scene in almost every episode, the lightning strike in the intro dream sequence is likely either a recalling of the clocktower event, a foreshadowing of an event in the future or both. I like that they've had plenty of nods to the original trilogy so far;

- Marty rubbing his neck in sync with his grandad like in bttf1

- Kid/Biff bullying Arty/George in the SoupKitchen/Cafe

- chase scene (although no hoverboard one - yet :))

- stealth manoeuvring around Biff/Kid's Car/Truck

- Marty wandering into an unfamiliar Hill Valley

- Marty waking up and his mum reassuring him.

- Young Emmetts rocket car experiments

- Manure Truck(s)

- Alternative Timelines

- Avoiding Past Self
  • edited April 2011
    daeva0123 wrote: »
    - Marty wandering into an unfamiliar Hill Valley

And always almost getting hit by a car (or golf cart). That's key.
  • edited April 2011
    And the use of the billboard for parking the Delorean. Except in Episode 3's case, it's not a very elegant job ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.