Jurassic Park-like game trailer

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
Long long ago, in the time of my life known only as "college", I conceptualized a video game about a violent clash between humans and dinosaurs. I ended up walking away from it because, lets be honest, no one can do it better then JP, certainly not me anyway.

Its a little rough (okay, maybe a lot), but I hope yall enjoy it.

119585916_200.jpg

http://vimeo.com/18939742

Comments

• edited April 2011
    dude

looks amazing! seriously you should totally finish this game man. I would totally play that. I think you're on to something here! :O
  • edited April 2011
    man that looks awesome...the overall feel and atmosphere are great....you should go on with the idea dude :guybrush:
  • edited April 2011
    Very impressive
  • edited April 2011
    If you guys can network with me with anyone that knows unreal kismet and can code dinosaur AI, about 2 years of patience, and 80 thousand dollars, I could make something pretty okay :P

alas.....
  • edited April 2011
    That looks awesomely promising! It has a little Alien vibe going on, and I love it!
    Too bad you won't be able to finish it, but at least it shows how much talent you have.
  • edited April 2011
    thanks Trench, unfortunately my game dev aspirations were put on hold when the economy came crashing down back in 08, and I've been biding my time as a packaging designer, far away from 3d modeling, game engines, and worst of all, my precious game concepts.

Telltale, you hiring? :P
  • edited April 2011
    man u have alot of potential u should make flash games you dont need any money only time
  • edited April 2011
    unfortunately all my time is spent working to make money :P
  • edited April 2011
    to be honest if ur good enough game designers who re boerd and play flash games and see somehting they like they will consider hiring you for the company
  • edited April 2011
    well my videos and demo reels have been on the web for years and they have yet to call me lol
  • edited April 2011
    u havent posted on the right sites newgrounds.coms has millions of users and hundreds of millions of people who go to new grounds to see whats up one guy (Dan Paladin) got chosen for his artistic 2-d abilities and is the co founder of the game company The Behemoth and is the artist of the great xbox live arcade game castle crashers which one 2006 best xbox live arcade game
  • edited April 2011
    well thanks for your support, and I do have faith that someday my ideas will see the light of day, maybe even this little dinosaur horror game
  • edited April 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    well thanks for your support, and I do have faith that someday my ideas will see the light of day, maybe even this little dinosaur horror game

if u you do get recognized i want to go to the studio and help make the game! XD
  • edited April 2011
    Actually, TellTale is hiring so maybe you could try luck there...

http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/
  • edited April 2011
    crazy man that was intense too bad you can't see what dinosaur it is or if it even is a dinosaur
  • edited April 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Actually, TellTale is hiring so maybe you could try luck there...

http://www.telltalegames.com/company/jobs/
    Really? Well then... TP3D you should apply, no question.:P
  • edited April 2011
    You know what's really funny? Somewhere I have a story board for this (I'll look it up after work) that has Troodons with glow in the dark eyes! They were going to be one of the little annoying enemies in the game, only a threat in groups.

They didn't have a venomous, hallucination-inducing bite, so Telltale trumped me- but they had glow in the dark eyes!
  • edited April 2011
    That looks awesome. This idea has lots of potential. Maybe a dev will take notice and hire you.
  • edited April 2011
    More violent than the JP game will be, :D .But I guess that's survival horror for you. You know, I can't think of but one survival horror game that involves dinos and that is Dino Crisis. So, I'm all for this game, if you ever got around to making it.
  • edited April 2011
    That was awesome dude! You did a great job with that. It reminds me a bit of Primeval. You should make a 2D flash version of this game, im sure you would get spotted for it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.