Gift Ideas For Telltale

edited March 2007 in Sam & Max
Ok everyone, gather round. I think the fine folks at Telltale deserve a bit of a treat from all of us for their excellent work. First thing we need to do is figure out what we should get. Gift ideas from Telltale employees are welcome. :p

After we figure out what to send you guys, we'll have to pick someone here who we can all trust to collect the donations to buy the present. But the first thing we need to do is figure out what the heck to get.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Monkey Island rights?
  • edited March 2007
    No, seriously. :rolleyes:
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    If I had some money, I'd get them a proper foosball table. The one they have is pretty tiny.

If they had a big outdoor space, they could have this. :D
  • edited March 2007
    I think the present they want is for us to keep buying the games. I don't think they'd want anything else.. well perhaps some fan-made stuff like fanart or something like that. I don't think they'd like people to buy them stuff.
  • edited March 2007
    I was thinking along the lines of edile things, but we can do other things too. :p
  • edited March 2007
    They wouldn't want us to buy them things? You kiddin' me? I bet they'd be really happy if we got them something. But, yeah, buying their products is good too. ;)
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    I'll make them some cookies and bring them the next time I playtest. They just have to tell me what kind. :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    awesome_obstacle_course.jpg
    please?
  • edited March 2007
    I like the idea, people send gifts to companies they like all the time. Perhaps a batch of Max-head cookies or something?
  • edited March 2007
    Hmmm, alright Jake. That seems like an interesting present. :p What does everyone else around the office think about that present?
  • edited March 2007
    The best gifts are surprises--imagine if a old big rig pulled up to Telltale's office, asked so-and-so to sign a clipboard for the delivery, and proceeded to unload a truckload of Swiss cheese in their parking lot.

In conclusion... I don't think fans should ask/tell Telltale about any impending gifts.
  • edited March 2007
    But we have to organize it? :/
  • edited March 2007
    numble wrote: »
    The best gifts are surprises--imagine if a old big rig pulled up to Telltale's office, asked so-and-so to sign a clipboard for the delivery, and proceeded to unload a truckload of Swiss cheese in their parking lot.

A closet-load, at least. (See what I did there?)
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    numble wrote: »

It's a good thing Marek isn't there*...

*not everyone will get that... sorry
  • edited March 2007
    I dunno, cheese? We could get them some cheese, sure, but I don't think they want a semi truck load of it. Ricota, cheddar, or swiss? ;P
  • edited March 2007
    We don't have any cheddar. There's just not much demand for it in these parts.
  • edited March 2007
    We can chip in and help buy them all Vista upgrades, since they will need them eventually anyway ;)

I'm just messing with you, AdamG
  • edited March 2007
    Isn't buying all their $%$$ enough :p maybe a end of season 1 gift for brendan & dave would be appropriate.. like a big cake with too easy written on it :p
  • edited March 2007
    Hey! These games aren't $%$$! ;)

But I think you're on to something with the idea that we already give them money...
  • edited March 2007
    Oh good grief, come on guys. If we all just pitched in $15 that would be plenty.
  • edited March 2007
    I've already decided upon a few select purchases upon the announcement of the availablity of the Season 1 CD. I think they will be pleased with what I buy from them as far as monitary gain goes.:D Or not.
  • edited March 2007
    ill send a card and a bouquet of flowers............... i am debating on if i should get a "sorry for your loss" or a "get well soon" card

P.S. i hope no one in the office is allergic to venus flytraps (yes, flowers.com does deliver venus flytraps)
  • edited March 2007
    I'll gladly pitch in Adam. How about cookies or a bouquet of flowers? Maybe a bouquet and a cookies if we get enough dough.

Check this out: http://www.grammawalt.com/ I wish there were a more private place to do this. You know, away from telltale eyes. I figure the guys and gals at telltale deserve it after the hectic season one schedule.
  • edited March 2007
    Rasher wrote: »
    I'll gladly pitch in Adam. How about cookies or a bouquet of flowers? Maybe a bouquet and a cookies if we get enough dough.

Check this out: http://www.grammawalt.com/ I wish there were a more private place to do this. You know, away from telltale eyes. I figure the guys and gals at telltale deserve it after the hectic season one schedule.

A world of thanks cookie basket? :rolleyes: maybe we should send them a sorry for your loss card
  • edited March 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    It's a good thing Marek isn't there*...

*not everyone will get that... sorry

Sadly, we have at least one cheese-hater in the office too :(

(it's kevin)
  • edited March 2007
    eating cheese is like eating a big lump of lard :cool:
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Sadly, we have at least one cheese-hater in the office too :(

(it's kevin)

Oh dear... :(

The cheese eating parties will need to be covert.
  • edited March 2007
    ..maybe new office furniture?

arktc.jpg
  • edited March 2007
    Candle wrote: »

:eek: why dont we just skip to the hard drugs..
  • edited March 2007
    Man, I love cheese. :p Ok, well. if we sent cookies it would have to be at least the 5 dozen option that Grammawalts has. Personally I think we should get "The Napa Experience". "The Ambassador" would be better, but that's $500. :/
  • edited March 2007
  • edited March 2007
    Oh no, we could've got these but they're out of stock! Killer bunny slippers! :p

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/8148/
  • edited March 2007
    I don't know, I only know I would feel uncomfortable with people giving me stuff.
    And wouldn't it feel more personal if someone actually took the time to make something themselves? That would take a lot more effort too. Just a suggestion though :)
  • edited March 2007
    let's get all ideas together. hmmm.. Homemade.. cheese covered... Monkey Island rights!

I started pruducing

sriimg20020820_1284175_0.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.