IGN Dinosaur Week

Well Dinosaur Week has started over at IGN, so I though I would start a new thread so everyone could share there thoughts on it. So far there doesn't seem to be any news about the Jurassic Park release date, so im getting a little worried now as that is what we all seemed to think was going to happen, a release date today and a release on friday. What is everyone else thinking?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I see now that Dinosaur Week has nothing to do with the JP game, it just loosely points to some old JP Game content is all.

The first article up is pretty funny though. I expect more random stuff like this, but nothing that concerns the JP game or a release date.
  • edited April 2011
    Its only 9:00 in the morning out there. Coverage will be happening all week at all hours of the day. give it a little time. I was never expecting instant gratification from coverage like this.
  • edited April 2011
    They said they will release a few stories a day. I'm sure there will be a lot of great, funny content, even if it has little or nothing to do with the game.
  • edited April 2011
    jurassic-park-the-game-20110422013103932.jpg
  • edited April 2011
    why?
  • edited April 2011
    What is everyone else thinking?

Like I thought since the beginning of April it seems the game was either delayed or, worse, canceled.
  • edited April 2011
    I dont follow your logic...The game is supposed to be released some time in April, so when the month of april finally hits why do you think it will be canceled or delayed? That doesnt make any sense...
  • edited April 2011
    Lol its not canceled how do you figure? They are letting people preorder a canceled game? :P
  • edited April 2011
    Its definately not cancelled, it might be delayed but I don't think it will be. I still think it will be out on friday. Don't panic till its May. By the way did anyone notice that the image above from the ign site is all in jurassic park font, hmmm...... Interesting.
  • edited April 2011
    Tribeca is the font JP uses in its logo, however it is not trademarked to Universal. They used the font on IGN to evoke feelings of Jurassic Park, but thats all. They aren't affiliated with universal or the game, they are a gaming news site and not an advertising partner.
  • edited April 2011
    Ow, stop dashing my hopes TP3D :)
  • edited April 2011
    Well, I think we would have heard something if it was delayed. My guess is that it's a tie-in with JP week.
  • edited April 2011
    They're also using the PAPO t-rex toy in their pics. which by the way what sculpted to look like the rex from the JP films.
  • edited April 2011
    There are too many similarities here for them not to be connected
  • edited April 2011
    Lol sorry Sallymerrett22, I'm not trying to dash your hopes, no hard feelings please. I wish they'd put up some exclusive JP related stuff, doesn't have to be about the game!
  • edited April 2011
    Friday of this week, methinks. Why do they need to announce a release date? I see no such need.
  • edited April 2011
    lol no problem TP3D, im just desperately hoping for some information. I have waited too long for this game and im getting impatient now.
  • edited April 2011
    we're all impatient, and some info would be nice! oh well, I guess they are just going to quietly release it Friday with little or no hype or announcement. Kinda sad, JP should be shouted from the top of the mountains!

Or there's a delay.
  • edited April 2011
    Your doing it again TP3D, there can't be a delay I have waited too long for this to happen :)
  • edited April 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Tribeca is the font JP uses in its logo, however it is not trademarked to Universal. They used the font on IGN to evoke feelings of Jurassic Park, but thats all. They aren't affiliated with universal or the game, they are a gaming news site and not an advertising partner.

A lot of the time, they'll time certain featured content with the game release. This looks a lot like that case, especially since IGN got exclusive access to the JP:TG trailer (Similar to BTTF and GameTrailers).
  • edited April 2011
    I'm really excited about Dinosaur week. It seems pretty cool and it'll give me a chance to unleash my inner dino nerd. :D
  • edited April 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    I'm really excited about Dinosaur week. It seems pretty cool and it'll give me a chance to unleash my inner dino nerd. :D

there's a new article for dinosaur week if anyone's intresed.
  • edited April 2011
    IGN dino week = Fail so far
  • edited April 2011
    Whats the new article, im at work so I can't get on IGN. Could someone make a tread and post links everytime a new article comes up?
  • edited May 2011
    Did anything interseing ever come from IGN's dino week?:confused:
  • edited May 2011
    Short Answer: No

There wasn't much too it. A few joke articles. Only some that came close to being interesting. They had potential with the history of DInosaur Video games but of course the list they made was short and not even completed. Trespasser didn't even make the list which was sad. Dino Crisis was hardly mentioned.

Overall, the whole thing was stupid and rushed. If they do it again next year I hope they do it better.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.