Telltale's Jurassic Park coming to Xbox 360!!!!

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/04/telltale-games-signs-xbox-publishing-deal-delays-jurassic-park/1

Theres the link people!!!! Enjoy!!!:D

Im happy I get to play it on my 360!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Now weres the Wii support? :D
  • edited April 2011
    jpsandhu wrote: »

Finally! Although I'll stick pick up my free copy of the PC version. I'll consider 360 closer to date just for achievements.

This is a good sign, as opposed to the lack of 360 for BTTF.

Didn't realize this deal was for ALL Telltale Games, and the allowance for self-publishing on XBA. BTTF here we come!
  • edited April 2011
    This is why it was delayed on PC. Microsoft and Telltale joined forces and Microsoft didn't want to be late, so force them to delay the PC.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/68250/telltale-signs-on-as-xbox
  • edited April 2011
    I like this because often XBOX titles have multiple languages (including italian :) )!
  • edited April 2011
    Had to read the story again, technically nothing was announced for the 360, just that Telltale could publish their games on 360 again.

But it wouldn't be wrong to draw conclusions...
  • edited April 2011
    Had to read the story again, technically nothing was announced for the 360, just that Telltale could publish their games on 360 again.

But it wouldn't be wrong to draw conclusions...

I think we can assume that it will be out for 360
  • edited April 2011
    What does being a "publisher" for XBOX 360 actually mean? wern't they a publisher for the Wallace & Gromit games? It's good news though, JP sounds like it would play well on the XBOX360
  • edited April 2011
    I guess it might mean a quicker approval process.
  • edited April 2011
    I guess it might mean a quicker approval process.
    Unlike the previous deal, it appears Telltale can now bypass Microsoft and self-publish the game without as many restrictions as before.
  • edited April 2011
    Good news

Looking forward to JP and Walking Dead, they have my money day one for those.
  • edited July 2014
    Looking forward to it, seems more suited to console than PC.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Hero1 wrote: »
    What does being a "publisher" for XBOX 360 actually mean? wern't they a publisher for the Wallace & Gromit games? It's good news though, JP sounds like it would play well on the XBOX360

Telltale developed Wallace & Gromit, but on Xbox it was published to by Microsoft, through Microsoft first party publishing. We're now our own publisher as well, so on the Xbox, Microsoft will still be certifying our games (like they do with every other game) but the decision and leeway to publish is our own, instead of going through middlemen.
  • edited April 2011
    PeteRoyale wrote: »
    They're going to be releasing it on a disc in North America.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/28/jurassic-park-coming-to-xbox-360-on-disc-this-fall-simultaneo/

Hopefully this'll be the same for Europe, much prefer having a physical copy.

Though not mentioned in this latest press release, Telltale CEO Dan Connors said just this week that Jurassic Park "will be released simultaneously on every platform this fall," meaning the PC and Mac releases will appear alongside the "full series" Xbox 360 release

This confuses me, if it is released at the same time for everything, does that mean it won't be released episodicly? Or will the PC/Mac versions come out first and the retail versions later in fall?
  • edited April 2011
    ...The more I look around, the more I think it wont be a season release and just a full game. Nothing as to definite proof, but for one I no longer see episodes mentioned anywhere. I'm actually FOR a continuous game that you don't have to keep going back to the menu. If it's true, groovy.
  • edited April 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    ...The more I look around, the more I think it wont be a season release and just a full game. Nothing as to definite proof, but for one I no longer see episodes mentioned anywhere. I'm actually FOR a continuous game that you don't have to keep going back to the menu. If it's true, groovy.

I would prefer it too, but I would imagine the Xbox version will be released either at the same time as the first or last episode, I'm not sure they would put it out as one game on PSN, if they did that then why not just release it at retail for PS3 too?
  • edited April 2011

Well old news? It was announced that this was comming for consoles long time ago?..
  • edited April 2011
    it might be disc release for both...nothing has been confirmed either way...but if they have permission for PSN release, I would imagine they would get disc permission too...or they could just do a full game PSN release. Many full games are available on PSN already, it's not a stretch(although I dont know about the XBOX marketplace and whether full games are available there).
  • edited April 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    Telltale developed Wallace & Gromit, but on Xbox it was published to by Microsoft, through Microsoft first party publishing. We're now our own publisher as well, so on the Xbox, Microsoft will still be certifying our games (like they do with every other game) but the decision and leeway to publish is our own, instead of going through middlemen.
    Which means, I fear, no mandatory multi-5 localization by Microsoft...
  • edited April 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    This confuses me, if it is released at the same time for everything, does that mean it won't be released episodicly? Or will the PC/Mac versions come out first and the retail versions later in fall?

Simultaneous=Same Time, so JP:TG might be a full packaged game with 5 episodes to play all at once, or one continuous game.

We'll see...
  • edited April 2011
    I want Jurassic Park to be a full season release. Time for Telltale to mix things up. I think that they can lengthen story and improve gameplay and dish out in one single release...

Also...
    Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!! The Sens sucked....
  • edited April 2011
    I want Jurassic Park to be a full season release. Time for Telltale to mix things up. I think that they can lengthen story and improve gameplay and dish out in one single release...

Also...
    Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!! The Sens sucked....
    Telltale have always been about episodic gaming, so I can't really see that happening.
  • edited April 2011
    GameSpot news article citing a Telltale announcement:

"Now, Telltale has made it official. Not only will Jurassic Park come to the Xbox 360, but it will also arrive simultaneously on the PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac."

"Telltale revealed the Xbox 360 edition of the game will arrive as a 'retail release containing the full series on disc.' On other platforms, the game will be released episodically like other offerings from the publisher..."
  • edited April 2011
    thom-22 wrote: »

"Now, Telltale has made it official. Not only will Jurassic Park come to the Xbox 360, but it will also arrive simultaneously on the PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac."

"Telltale revealed the Xbox 360 edition of the game will arrive as a 'retail release containing the full series on disc.' On other platforms, the game will be released episodically like other offerings from the publisher..."

Okay, more confirmation!!!
    And a retail edition...PERFECT!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    thom-22 wrote: »

Probably apart of the deal made with Microsoft.
  • edited April 2011
    Probably apart of the deal made with Microsoft.

What ever works
Sign in to comment in this discussion.