[Hector] Bugs on Mac version

edited August 2011 in Game Support
Hi,

I bought the Mac version and am trying to play it on my Macbook Pro. However, in full screen mode, often parts of the screen (the animated parts?) will flicker and the whole screen will go black then go back to normal. If I switch fullscreen off, this seems to solve the problem, but I don't like to play in a window. Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, it happens in windowed mode too. Flickering black screen within the game.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Man I'm getting the same problem. It's too bad because during the cutscenes everything's just dandy, and I like the sense of humour so far.

How does Telltale even go about fixing this? Do they offer downloadable updates or something like xbox and ps3?
  • edited April 2011
    Just wanted to add on to the list of people with flickering issues on the Mac version. Looks like this is a recurrent problem. :(

What should we do, Telltale?!
  • edited April 2011
    Same here! Fix please!
  • InsomnicaInsomnica Banned
    edited April 2011
    Just another signature for this issue.

Would really like a speedy fix, I bought this on the Steam Trailer, and so far it doesn't disappoint!

Just that the flickering makes it a bloody task to work through.
    I can't properly berate the kid in the station with the flickering background! :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2011
    I got it on Steam, which is the Mac and PC version. Playing it on the Mac I encounter pretty various bugs. Once my mouse went away and I had to command+f to get out of the screen, my mouse was still unusable in the game, I basically had to quit and start over.

Also in the bathroom scene, the door didn't show up for some reason, so I saw a pair legs with no body revealed instead... nothing game breaking there, but still bizarre.

Once in a while I will see words appear, and characters lips move, but no sound.
  • edited April 2011
    Having the same issues on my mac book pro as above.
  • edited April 2011
    Same thing here. Fix please.
  • edited May 2011
    Me too.

Edit: and I'm using the Steam version, sorry I don't know if there's a standalone version.
  • edited May 2011
    We just figured out that this is only affecting Macs with GeForce 330/320 cards. As soon as a have more information I'll let you know. If you're a lurker on the forum yet would like an email when we have more info PM me your email address.

Thanks!
  • edited May 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    We just figured out that this is only affecting Macs with GeForce 330/320 cards. As soon as a have more information I'll let you know. If you're a lurker on the forum yet would like an email when we have more info PM me your email address.

Thanks!

Thats great news! Hopefully I wont have it beat before then as I am currently playing it on a VMware XP image. Works flawless in there!
  • edited May 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »

Thanks!
    Hey Amy,

My Mac's video card is GMA X3100.
  • edited May 2011
    It won't even run on mine. I keep getting an error message. Tried everything. Every other Telltale game works fine n' dandy too.
  • edited May 2011
    This is taking to long. Just gonna install it on the W7 partition (Bootcamp).
    Or does the problem also effect play on W7 (seeing as it's still the same video card)?
  • edited May 2011
    Just want to point out that I paid for a game weeks ago that I still can't play. Do I have the option for a refund...? (serious question)
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah the game wont run on my macbook pro :(
  • edited May 2011
    Well, the lack of response from Telltale on this is frustrating.

To be honest, this situation has made me question my loyalty to Telltale. I have bought multiple seasons of games from them - Sam and Max, Back to the Future among others, and always felt that I was supporting a company I liked. But their post game support has been awful. By all accounts this bug is something that affects every owner of the newer Macbooks (as they all have the same graphic card), so it's not an isolated issue - yet it's been weeks since Telltale took my money and they offer no solution and no update for weeks.

I feel let down and annoyed, and want to know about the possibility of a refund - I would rather play the game but feel that a refund should have been offered (again, no response to this from Telltale, despite the game I bought from them not being fit for purpose, as it doesn't work. Legally in the UK if a product doesn't work as advertised we are entitled to a full refund under the Sale of Goods Act - not sure how this works with internet purchases but I imagine it's similar). I never figured Telltale for one of those companies that is great right up until they have taken your money, then they don't care, but that's how I feel about them now.

I will be far more cautious about giving Telltale my money in the future and will be advising others the same.
  • edited May 2011
    I played with steam for mac and got a problem like that. I'm not sure how can I resolve it, just change back graphic from 800x640 to 1366x768, and it back to normal.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm sorry but the lack of updates on how far they are with solving this problem by Telltales is getting annoying!

Update us. Let us know what you're doing and when you hope to have it resolved (or even IF you are doing anything about the problem at all)

It's been well over a month since the problem was posted here and almost a month since the last update from someone from Telltales
  • edited June 2011
    appairs the problem was solved. Would've been nice if it was announced here.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24457&page=2
  • edited June 2011
    this game still doesn't work even when I redownloaded it. It pops up with the relaunch, ignore, or report to apple. Can someone help me out here?
  • edited August 2011
    I'm experiencing this problem too, and I just downloaded it yesterday, so the bug hasn't been fixed. GeForce320M
This discussion has been closed.