Raw demo footage

edited May 2011 in Jurassic Park
Here is footage of JP:TG that doesn't have any talking. It's raw. You can hear music, sounds, and dialogue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFAHiRvVtcQ

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Oh for...TellTale! I thought you FIXED that roar!!! :(
  • edited April 2011
    The footage looks good, and the new music sounds fantastic. If it weren't for the synths, I would have thought you actually got Williams! Jared is truly a chamaleonic composer, and I mean that 100% as a compliment.

But one thing bothered me: The sound effects. No, I'm not talking about the Rex roar. I'm talking about the rest of the sound effects, most of them seemed missing. Maybe it's because it's only a demo, but I hope they add the missing sound effects.
  • edited April 2011
    they did fix the roar, that was a older demo when they didn't have the universal dinosaur sounds at that time.
  • edited April 2011
    No, I don't think they ever fixed the roar. They just edited it in the Pre-Order trailer. I can see now why Telltale wants to rework this game. It's a little to... how do you say it.. downgrade. They are really going to make it good now since they signed to release it with X360.
  • edited April 2011
    wish bones wrote: »
    they did fix the roar, that was a older demo when they didn't have the universal dinosaur sounds at that time.

I can't agree with that when all the low growls of the rex are ripped straight from the movie. It's just that damned roar.
  • edited April 2011
    Nice! I really like how this looks so far! And of course it's gonna sound funny, it was an old demo. And the roar was the only one they could get at the moment, as they didn't have the rights from Universal yet.
  • edited April 2011
    lol like there arent low grade xbox games? I really don't think that's the reason.
  • edited April 2011
    this footage also shows how laggy the gameplay actually is.
    it isn't fluent at all. you can clearly see when the game "loads the predefined animated scenes" and how it pauses when you have to push the right button.
    would be nice if it finally runs a lot smoother.
  • edited April 2011
    Very cool video! It must be an older preview because there have been discussions about the T-rex roar and even the signage being corrected. Hopefully, they will be able to fix that license plate, also.

I enjoyed watching this without the background commentary.
  • edited April 2011
    Movement could me smoother, i hope they will fix that. And i hope we got something else for PC but push "X" push "RB" etc... that looks so much console and really kills the atmosphere. Maybe some kind of a bar like you have in MMORPGs that is fixed on the screen or beeing faded out if you want to.
    What can be seen is that the game is nothing elso but a follow of video-sequenzes. These should look much better because there is nothing to be calculated in realtime.
  • edited April 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    this footage also shows how laggy the gameplay actually is.
    it isn't fluent at all. you can clearly see when the game "loads the predefined animated scenes" and how it pauses when you have to push the right button.
    would be nice if it finally runs a lot smoother.
    Actually I think that's the encoding of the the video. For some reason both the GameTrailers and YouTube players play the video in a jerky motion with FPS dropping. But I just downloaded the WMV HD file off GT and played it on my WMP and it's a lot smoother.

If you have jerky motions on the downloaded video itself (specifically the WMV version) then go to your Tools>Options>Performance>Unclick the "Turn on Direct X Video Acceleration for WMV files."

I do note the notable pauses after QTE's and the Cinematic depending on the success/fail of the player, that should be something to fix.
  • edited April 2011
    If the final, reworked game that is released differs greatly from this demo footage, any chance the "original" demo might be included in the game as an easter egg?
  • edited April 2011
    Shouldn't this be titled as "Roar" demo footage haha
  • edited May 2011
    The roar is causing a "Roar" :p

Yeah I have seen a few trailers with the actual roar, and I believe there is in fact a statement from someone from telltale saying that the REAL roar is the one in the game
  • edited May 2011
    Hey!

Glad to see what I have seen: something rather different to any other TTG games but that definitely fits the Jurassic Park spirit.

Great! It will be definitely a new purchase in my collection. :)
  • edited May 2011
    I'm a PC gamer, I just want this game to have "EXCELLENT VISUALS" and to run good for those who have 4 and 6 core processors and a good DX11 video Card!

I'm a fan of Dinosaurs hope the "Game Developer" makes them as real as possible! hope it get good Rating to, we will have to see!

IGN gave the "Witcher 2" a rating of 9.0 out of 10. CD Projeckt red is not a big Game developer to, I'm saying if CD projeckt red could get a 9.0 rating than Telltale games sould shoot for a 9.0 or better rating! Crysis 2 got a 9.0 rating!
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah, it's the old demo. You can notice the old signs and such before the fans had their input on the subject in case. On a different note though, it's nice to hear the music and other bits and pieces, but I can definitely see now why TTG delayed the game. There are bits of lag, and the sound effects are very iffy (not counting the Rex roar because they did fix that later on as evident in the Meet the Dinos video). However the music does have a nice touch to it, aside from the obvious synth feel. Judging by the last showcasing of the demo, the graphics had been revamped a bit, but there were still some obvious bugs to work out. Only time will tell for sure what we'll be getting out of it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.