Spoiler!!! Question about the Story at the Beginning of Ep4

Hello,

when Marty and Doc escape the Citizen Plus Station, Doc explains that he will repair the DeLorean and that Marty isn't allowed to help him.

After that, he comes up with the repaired DeLorean but I don't understand his explainations where he travelled with the DeLorean. Did he repair it at 1986 for 6 months and then travelled back in time to the situation where Marty speaks with Edna? Or did he travell to 1931? If so....why???

Thank you for helping :)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I'm guessing it did take him six months from the point where he left Marty in the trash bin. He got to work on the Delorean, spent his family fortune getting all the parts and had to go through a deal with Libyans again to get the plutonium then used to Delorean to go back in time to the point where he left Marty.

Although with all this information you'd think he needed to buy a brand new delorean. why did he need plutonium if he still had Mr. Fusion? Also he mentioned something about Clayton Ravine. did anyone catch what he said about that?
  • edited April 2011
    The "Last Time Departed" display says NOV 5 1986 01:29 AM; so, when First Citizen Doc arrived with the DeLorean, that was his test trip.
  • edited April 2011
    Which was only partly successful. >_>
  • edited April 2011
    I don't get why he would need plutonium from Libyans, the DeLorean obviously still has Mr. Fusion.

What I mostly don't understand though, was Doc's reason that Marty couldn't come and help him fix the time machine. I mean sure, it meant that the player only waits a few seconds and suddenly the DeLorean is all fixed and we can get back to 1931 but the reasoning behind it seemed a bit contrived to me.
  • edited April 2011
    I don't get why he would need plutonium from Libyans, the DeLorean obviously still has Mr. Fusion.

Well, First Citizen Doc didn't say he got plutonium from the Libyans, but that he just made a "sketchy deal" with them.
  • edited April 2011
    Carlos85G wrote: »
    Well, First Citizen Doc didn't say he got plutonium from the Libyans, but that he just made a "sketchy deal" with them.

He probably needed parts to augment the Mr. Fusion.
  • Doc needs to rebuild the time circuits as they short out as soon as marty returns to 1986 due to fact that doc did not convert the delorean to a time machine in this timeline.

Therefore in this timeline the delorean has never been to 2015 to get the hover conversion and presumably have mr fusion installed so doc has to build it using the plutonium method.
  • edited April 2011
    Therefore in this timeline the delorean has never been to 2015 to get the hover conversion and presumably have mr fusion installed so doc has to build it using the plutonium method.

Then why does it still have Mr. Fusion on the top, and why did the hover ability still work? (Marty using the tire to get over the wall).
  • Then why does it still have Mr. Fusion on the top, and why did the hover ability still work? (Marty using the tire to get over the wall).

the hover ability doesn't seem to work properly, it appears thats what causes the delorean to crash into the billboard.

Marty powers the tire with the battery but seems the flying circuits shorted out.

Mr fusion is still there with the time display but neither seem to work.
  • edited April 2011
    KaiRubix wrote: »
    I'm guessing it did take him six months from the point where he left Marty in the trash bin. He got to work on the Delorean, spent his family fortune getting all the parts and had to go through a deal with Libyans again to get the plutonium then used to Delorean to go back in time to the point where he left Marty.

Although with all this information you'd think he needed to buy a brand new delorean. why did he need plutonium if he still had Mr. Fusion? Also he mentioned something about Clayton Ravine. did anyone catch what he said about that?

he said he hid it in clayton ravine.
  • edited April 2011
    Kamagawa wrote: »
    he said he hid it in clayton ravine.

Yeah, FCB hid the wrecked DeLorean in his 'lab' near Clayton Ravine. That is probably where he repaired the time machine (to the best of his ability, from the notebook.)
  • edited May 2011
    I thought the mention of Clayton Ravine was a nice touch.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.