Telltale stuff really does not like my new hardware

edited May 2011 in Game Support
Upgraded my hardware a couple days ago and going through that phase of "Ooh, let's see how everything runs!"

I was originally coming in here to report that Poker Night at the Inventory had this problem, but over the course of writing it I decided to check some of my other Telltale releases and it seems like it's effecting almost all of them.

My old hardware could run most Telltale stuff pretty fine, though Poker Night and Back to the Future had to be dialed down to their absolute lowest setting to keep smooth framerates.

My new hardware can handle Crysis on high fairly well, as well as a number of other relatively recent games, but for whatever reason, my Telltale stuff seems to be locked at 5fps no matter what graphics settings are applied.

Sam & Max Season 2: Ice Station Santa, Back to the Future: It's About Time, and Poker Night at the Inventory all suffer from this issue. However, Tales of Monkey Island: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal strangely does not and runs absolutely fine. I have not yet dug out my Sam & Max Season 1 disc to try it.

Current system specs:

Windows XP Service Pack 3
Intel Core 2 Duo @3066mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD5670
2048mb of DDR2 SDRAM

All drivers are up to date.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Okay so, uh.

After spending some time with the issue I discovered it wasn't just Telltale games that were messing up like that, but it was almost half of all the PC games I currently have installed.

And rebooting seems to have fixed it for now.

Either way, it's not an issue Telltale needs to concern themselves with.
This discussion has been closed.