Scary Position FCB is in, in episode #5. (spoilers)

It would seem, that given FCB's knowledge of Marty Mcfly...and young Edna's knowledge of Artie Mcfly......if collaborating, they could figure out that Artie is obviously a relative of Marty...and come up with a plan to erase Marty from existence....either by killing Artie...or Arties main squeeze Trixie (with them assuming that Trixie is Martys grandmother).

So essentially they could be much more dangerous then anyone has really speculated. And also with FCB obviously not having any real hang ups about altering the space time continuum, it would seem like he could run the risk of causing multipe paradoxes. Like if he tries to take Edna away from young Emmet for himself.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I just finished the episode. And I said something like "The events of this could be catastrophic!" I am glad this never happened in real life. When I heard FCB say something about Marty overriding his life, I felt sad I still had to go through with it. And Doc (Original Doc) said you must not share information about time travel or else the invention will never be invented. I even remember in the movie, he shared about time travel to younger Doc but Doc still must have invented it. Maybe we could have Emmet invent a time machine that works better than the delorean and so that way time travel works and Emmet knows about it. Last night when I started the episode, my legs were shaking hard and when they were not it was my jaw. Its the suspense, but I was also wound up or hyper.
  • edited May 2011
    all Emmet needs to do is watch Frankenstein and fcb will no longer exist
  • edited May 2011
    emmet doesnt have to watch frankenstein, he had the revelation on the clock tower.

sheesh...people complain its too easy but when Telltale doesnt SPELL IT OUT, people miss the importance of events.

aint that a bag of broken crackers.
  • edited May 2011
    why is fcb still there then?
  • Not only would erasing marty become a paradox but it would also revert doc back to the regular back from FCB so FCB would be overriding his own existance any how.
  • edited May 2011
    FCB has little knowledge on Marty McFly as he knows only of Martin McFly in his timeline (because in the original timeline, both of them are best friends and in FCB's timeline, they're mere acquaintances) , which is why he asks Edna of what she knows of Michael Corleone (or whatever name you gave Marty) which she knows very little of (as he pops up once every 2 months)

and Trixie might be her real name, not Silvia, which FCB doesn't know off either, so it's hard for FCB to try and erase Marty.

since the trailer showed FCB blames Science, not Edna, so I suppose he's trying to prevent young Emmett from having any more interest in Science and Marty is trying to prevent that and after the whole problem is settled. FCB probably won't be erased from existence (or rather his memory, just like how Marty experienced during his whole time travel in the trilogy) and which brings us to the first ep where Marty dreamed about DeLorean failing it's 1 minute test (because FCB only spent 6 months to fix the DeLorean, while Doc spent almost 30 years of research into making that time machine)
  • edited May 2011
    coolguy721 wrote: »
    why is fcb still there then?

He's still there because Emmett's fate as a scientist is still in flux.

Also, if they try to erase Marty from existence so that none of this happens, then Doc will die on October 26th, 1985.
  • edited May 2011
    Don't know if FCB WILL be erased, at least not that way. The movies and even this game has shown that time travelers are immune to changes of the timeline for the most part. Marty still has the memories of growing up with his dad being a loser and mom being a drunk *probably why he had a problem being called a coward where the Marty who grew up with successful and happy parents probably wouldn't have that issue to begin with* as well as having to tell Doc twice that Mad Dog will shoot him in 3.

Unless you cause a change in the timeline that results in you having died before your current age or not being born, your memories are of the timeline you are from. So if we were going to get good old Doc back, its not going to be from that. Marty may realize that since the picture of him and Doc behind the scenes of the Kid Tannen arrest isn't erased that Doc exists in the past still and will try and get him.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.