BttF Episode 4

edited May 2011 in Game Support
Got problems with graphics in BttF episode 4 (STEAM VERSION, maybe they got a corrupt file/outdated version from TTG?)

During the cutscene where you help FCB Doc escape from the brainwashing room and the cutscene where FCB drives away because Marty wants his own timeline restored, the cutscenes becomes glitchy and slow.
The 2nd mentioned cutscene also made some characters distorted where young Emmett parked his car and saying 1 word of dialogue every 5 second.
(Had a similar problem in BttF episode 3, when Doc goes via the car entrance after dropping of Biff. With the graphics getting only slightly distorted.)

I had no problems with Tales of Monkey Island and BttF episodes 1&2 @ max graphical settings, so I find it weird.

DxDiag added as an attachment. (Zipped, because it exceeded the 19.5kb)

Comments

• edited May 2011
    A couple of things;

Verify the game files via Steam.

Try updating your video drivers, they're 4 months old.

And do the same for your sound chip drivers, they're several years old.

Realtek do regular sound driver updates which can fix a lot of issues.
  • edited May 2011
    I've found that all you need to turn off is the shadows. I am running Windows 7 and a GeForce 250 GTS. I got the crazy black screen and flashes when I rescued Doc from the brainwashing room. I also got what you were describing at the High School. Turning the shadow quality all the way down fixed everything. On a side note, I really noticed no difference in quality to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.