[BTTF] Unplayable Episode 4 Bug

edited May 2011 in Game Support
EDIT: Nvm, posting to support thread, sorry I missed that the first time around.

Okay, Young Emmet drove up in his truck and parked inside the DeLorean ... moving Marty causes the screen to go black and the game to crash, my whole video display is hosed. (Screen is covered in crazy color dots.)

Any suggestions? Reboot fixed the video, but going back into the game just crashes again.

Windows 7, 8 GB RAM, 64-bit, NVidia GeForce GTS 250

-The Gneech :cool:

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Try re-downloading the file and re-install the episode.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Hey Gneech, I'm moving this to the Game Support forum so hopefully it'll get some attention from the Telltale support people. It would probably be helpful if you could run DXDiag and post the results here too.

You can also send an email to support@telltalegames.com (paste DXDiag results into the email text, because they can't receive attachments). Bear in mind that things are really busy for the support guys at the moment, and tickets are answered in the order they are received, so getting an answer is likely to take some time.
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks. :) Actually what I ended up doing was to just crank the graphics quality way down and play it that way. Didn't look as nice, but it was at least playable.

What's the deal with the BTTF series and bugs, anyway? I never had anything like this amount of trouble with the Sam'n'Max or Wallace and Gromit series.

-The Gneech :cool:
  • edited May 2011
    I've found that all you need to turn off is the shadows. I am running Windows 7 and a GeForce 250 GTS. I got the crazy black screen and flashes when I rescued Doc from the brainwashing room. I also got what you were describing at the High School. Turning the shadow quality all the way down fixed everything. On a side note, I really noticed no difference in quality to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.