They said it'd never happen...they said it was impossible...

edited July 2007 in General Chat
Long story short: They were wrong.

MarioandSonic.jpg

See the full story here.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my inner fanboy has to go back to being totally and completely shocked and excited.

Comments

• ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Holy shit, I want to go back in time and show this picture to my 10 year old, Sega fanboy past self just to see his reaction.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm still suspecting that this is a very elaborate April Fools' joke. I mean, how could a game like that possibly be any fun? And, Mario and Sonic in one game, with Mario even standing a chance of winning the 100 meter dash? And, and, since when are Nintendo and Sega into licensed games for the Olympics? And, and and and, track and field games are so last century. It's just all so weird.
  • edited March 2007
    I haven't played console games in years, but unless the game is split screen I don't see how it's going to work. Unless Mario has super speed bionic legs now, or if Sonic can only walk.
  • edited March 2007
    Well, it's clearly legit, because it's being reported on all the big gaming news sites, USA Today ran an article about it, and it's on both Nintendo and Sega's homepages.

At least since Miyamoto's overseeing the project, the chances of it being on the Sonic 360 level of suckiness are low.
  • edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    I haven't played console games in years, but unless the game is split screen I don't see how it's going to work. Unless Mario has super speed bionic legs now, or if Sonic can only walk.
    Maybe Mario has to 'accidentally' throw a javelin in Sonic's general direction before attempting anything that involves running.
  • edited March 2007
    Something in me just died :/

Just dont get me wrong. i don't dislike the idea but it seems... wrong...
  • edited March 2007
    ...i dunno, as a proud wii owner im gonna wait and give this game a chance, see what happens.

Im just happy if its legit because it improves Sonics chance of getting into Smash brothers.
  • edited March 2007
    wow..........
  • edited June 2007
    Geez. First the crossover with Mario and now his own RPG by Bioware?

There's just no end to Sonic's surprises this year, is there?
  • edited June 2007
    I've never had a console since my Dad bought us a nintendo and a super nintendo, but I wouldn't mind getting a Wii. It seems like a pretty cool console, and it's far more revolutionary then any other consoles have been.
  • edited June 2007
    Sonic (Legend of the Seven Stars?) RPG eyy?
    Now there's an interesting thought... I hope Bioware is capable of pulling something this extreme of :)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited June 2007
    There were talks of a Knuckles RPG in the Dreamcast days. I would have liked to have that RPG come to fruition personally, as Knuckles seems to have a lot more depth character-wise than Sonic.
  • edited June 2007
    Shauntron wrote: »
    Holy shit, I want to go back in time and show this picture to my 10 year old, Sega fanboy past self just to see his reaction.

"In the future, Sega will make games for Nintendo systems!"
    "What!?"
    "And one day, there will be a game starring Mario and Sonic together!"
    "Holy Crap!"
    "And that game will be about... the Olympics!"
    "Okay, now I know you're just messing with me"
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Haha. Fingers crossed for a Sonic appearance in Smash Bros Brawl.
  • edited June 2007
    I'll bet good money that it'll actually happen too. With Snake already confirmed, I'm fairly certain that he and Mega Man have the best chances of making the cut for 3rd party characters...

(Of course, if Max were to get in, he'd be so overpowered that the game would become horribly broken and the tiers list would never be the same...)
  • edited June 2007
    Well, keep your fingers crossed then. There could be a chance since those two have been on the nintendo. All I know is if they have been on the nintento, then they may appear in an SMB game. Such as Ness from Earthbound.
  • edited June 2007
    I'd only be happy with Sonic coming to Super Smash Bros as long as all the tagalong characters from after Sonic 3 didn't follow along.
    If Shadow popped up, even as just a cameo, I'd have no choice but to hunt down and destroy everyone involved in the decision.

Found a good comic re: Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games
    http://fanboys-online.com/index.php?cid=165

"Nobody knows how to take a dive like you"
  • edited July 2007
    At last, actual screenshots of Mario and Sonic have been released! There goes any arguments about it being an April Fool's Day prank...

5224.jpg
    Quite the roster...disappointed by the lack of Yoshi in the shot, but we know he's in the game already, so that's what counts. As for Metal Sonic, though...

5225.jpg
    0_0 I'm not sure what to be more disturbed by...the fact that Mario and Sonic are racing at all, or the fact that Sonic seems to be losing...?
  • edited July 2007
    My theory is still that Sonic and Mario run at roughly the same speed in this game. Why? Mandatory drug testing :p
  • edited July 2007
    Wouldn't it be because of a lack of drug testing? I mean, who knows how many 'shrooms Mario's on in that pic? It's the only way to explain his sudden performance enhancement...
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2007
    I knew it! I always suspected the rings in Sonic!
  • edited July 2007
    HOLY CRAP, A NEW TRAILER!

My mind has been blown.
  • edited July 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    I knew it! I always suspected the rings in Sonic!

That's just a coverup... the Dramatic Chipmunk is behind everything.
  • edited July 2007
    ^ It's a prairie dog, not a chipmunk.
  • edited July 2007
    I know this, but The Dramatic Chipmunk rolls off the tongue better :P
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2007
    I prefer the dapper cap and monocle remix of Dramatic Prairie Dog.
  • edited July 2007
    Me too, I'm obsessed with monocles. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.