BttF Ep. 4 -- Can't Log In 'issue-47860'

edited May 2011 in Game Support
I'm having trouble logging in to Back To The Future, Episode 4. All attempts result in the message "Sorry, but it doesn't look like you own Back To The Future", though the game does show up in my games owned list under my Telltale account. I get the same results when I try logging in to Episode 2 and 3 (which was new, both episodes launched normally when I played through them at their release) but not Episode 1. I thought I had found a work around by playing Episode 4 through the Episode 1 launcher, but doing that leaves me unable to save my game. Not having heard anything from Telltale support a few days after emailing them, I thought I'd ask about it here. Any help on fixing this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    If you're on Mac, try the following steps:

1) Go to (your user name)/Library/Preferences.
    2) Scroll down the list of files and find the one named com.TelltaleGames.Platform.plist.
    3) Delete that file and try reopening the launcher.

Doing this will effectively make it as if you've never launched a BttF episode on your machine before, so you'll have to log into 104 again. (Don't worry, this won't effect your save games or anything like that.)

Let me know if that doesn't work. :)
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, however, I'm not on a Mac. I have a PC, running Windows 7.
  • edited May 2011
    OK, then let's try manually refreshing the launcher. Here's how to do so:

PC:

CTRL/Shift/+ then CTRL/Shift/-

Mac:

Command/Shift/+ then Command/Shift/-

Both of these should bring up dialogue boxes; say "yes" to both. Then try logging into the launcher again and see if that helps.

Let me know if it doesn't work, as there's one more thing you can try. It's kind of the nuclear option, though, so I'm loathe to mention it unless there's no other choice.
  • edited May 2011
    No change after refreshing the launcher, I'm afraid. I'm guessing the nuclear option involves uninstalling and reinstalling all the episodes?

Edit: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all episodes out of curiosity, no change. In the meantime, I've went ahead and played through the game using the episode 1 launcher. It's a little inconvenient, but I'm content to consider the issue settled for now, unless there's something else I can do on my side other than something drastic like a hard drive reformat.
This discussion has been closed.