While we wait for Episode 5 why not some Fanfiction?

maybe the wait for episode 5 will not be as bad if we compile a list of awesome Back to the Future fanfics such as the ones written by the legendary Kristen Sheley and Mary Jean Holmes?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    The Pair O' Docs by Kristen Sheley: http://www.kristensheley.com/bttf/paradocs.html

this is what I think Episode 5 might be like in regards to the climactic chase through the past, present, and future. And this story features Doc B who is an evil version of Doc (a bit like Citizen Brown!) I HIGHLY recommend this story! It's basically a chase through several different time periods.
  • edited May 2011
    Partners in Time? by Kristen Sheley: http://www.kristensheley.com/bttf/pit.html

this one features Doc and Marty's relationship going south much like we saw with Citizen Brown and Marty in Episode 4...
  • edited May 2011
    These are great. Thanks so much. I've been looking for some good BTTF fan fiction for a while :)
  • edited May 2011
    THANK YOU for someone else knowing Kristen Shelley.

Don't forget Mary Jean Holmes! They eventually write a story together where their two universes meet.

http://www.mj-holmes.com/BTTFfanfic.htm

Also, I recommend reading Shelley's stories in order. She has quite a few and they generally build on each other.
  • edited May 2011
    Here's some fanfiction's for you guys.

;)
  • edited May 2011
    Here's some fanfiction's for you guys.

;)
    Not of any quality.

Seriously, Sturgeon's Law is in full effect for fanfiction.net. There is maybe one good written work in 10,000 on average. (In 1,000,000 for things like Harry Potter.)
  • edited May 2011
    Actually I found a lot of them rather enjoyable.
  • edited May 2011
    Kristen Sheley has also written five original novels about two time travellers. The series is called 'Partners in Time' (referencing Marty and Doc in BTTF). They are very awesome novels to read and are very much in the spirit of Back to the Future.

In Family Matters, Sam Foster takes Meg on a mission to get his parents back together because his Mother is getting re-married in the present time. But, his efforts create a plethora of alternate timelines/realities and every time he thinks he has fixed the timeline, he and Meg Clayton land themselves in yet another alternate timeline/reality very much like how TellTale's BTTF season is turning out.

I HIGHLY reccomend the Partners in Time series! And, if you have read Kristen's fanfics, you may recognize some storylines and what I like to call easter eggs or callbacks to her fanfiction.
  • edited May 2011
    Oh, that sounds awesome. I had heard of PIT, and I didn't know if it was going to be a straight knock-off of BTTF or not. Will definitely have to find, stories of time travel, alternate realities and the like have always fasc- oh...right. You guys already know that. XP.

Kristen Shelley's stuff is amazing (albeit, the earlier ones are more TAS-fare than the epics she writes later....I could do without the Middle Ages and dinosaurs), I wonder if she knows about Telltale's BTTF game? Or if she's here right now? =O

Back OT,The development and evolution of Marty and Doc as characters and friends, and as things go along are pretty well-done. I just got through reading No Place Like Home, after plowing through the other ones. I think "Pair O' Docs" is kind of the turning point from playful misadventures to serious and more dramatic storytelling. The mini-offshoot, "Hill Valley Chronicles" is pretty interesting too, if you're into the Old West and the last half hour of Part 3. But I won't say more. ;)

Also, if you guys are into time travel that's NOT BTTF, which I'm sure you are, Michael Crichton's "Timeline" is a good one. RIP.
  • edited May 2011
    church1138 wrote: »
    Oh, that sounds awesome. I had heard of PIT, and I didn't know if it was going to be a straight knock-off of BTTF or not. Will definitely have to find, stories of time travel, alternate realities and the like have always fasc- oh...right. You guys already know that. XP.

Kristen Shelley's stuff is amazing (albeit, the earlier ones are more TAS-fare than the epics she writes later....I could do without the Middle Ages and dinosaurs), I wonder if she knows about Telltale's BTTF game? Or if she's here right now? =O

Back OT,The development and evolution of Marty and Doc as characters and friends, and as things go along are pretty well-done. I just got through reading No Place Like Home, after plowing through the other ones. I think "Pair O' Docs" is kind of the turning point from playful misadventures to serious and more dramatic storytelling. The mini-offshoot, "Hill Valley Chronicles" is pretty interesting too, if you're into the Old West and the last half hour of Part 3. But I won't say more. ;)

Also, if you guys are into time travel that's NOT BTTF, which I'm sure you are, Michael Crichton's "Timeline" is a good one. RIP.

I can CONFIRM she does know of this video game series, as I am friends with her on Facebook. Although, I do not know if she has played them yet due to her busy schedule of writing and other stuff. She is currently writing book 6 of the PIT series...
  • edited May 2011
    regarding time travel that is not Biff, some other good books would be The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, Eureka: Road Less Traveled (its about Parallel Universes)

for TV series, I'd reccommend Fringe (Time Travel and Parallel Universes), Eureka (just recently did a season where the main cast traveled back in time and returned to a slightly altered present ala Marty in BTTF 1), Warehouse 13 (last season we had HG Wells as the villain who was FEMALE), Doctor Who (duh!),
  • edited May 2011
    One movie I would recommend is Time After Time. It feature Malcolm McDowell as HG Wells and Mary Steenburgen as Amy Robbins. The villain in the movie is Jack the Ripper. HG Wells build a time machine by 1893, and Jack the Ripper takes off in it to 1979. HG Wells later takes off to HG Wells to stop Jack the Ripper, and is disappointed to find out that the future is not what he hoped it would be. At some point, he meets Amy Robbins - and the two fall in love. At the end, Amy ends up going back to 1893 with HG Wells. BTW, in real life, HG Wells did marry an Amy Robbins.

I even did a BTTF/TAT crossover fic, as I figured that Mary Steenburgen playing a similar role in both movies just called for a crossover.

I also really love Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures - but, if slapstick comedy is not your thing, then it might not be for you. Basically, Bill and Ted collect historical figured for their history project.

And there are other time travel films I like, too - which I'll probably mention, later.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.