Extremely Frustrated Customer! -[issue-47911]

edited May 2011 in Game Support
Telltale,

I am writing this message in great frustration and disappointment. Over a week ago, I made a season purchase for the Back to the Future gaming series after having initially purchased the first 2 episodes on my iPad. Over a week later, following my purchase and having opened a support ticket [issue-47911] I have yet to experience a single second of gameplay to justify my purchase! It certainly did not take you a week to charge my account, but it almost seems that is the general response time for customer complaints (as seen by similar complaints from other customers within your own message forums).

I have a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.7 and have spent countless hours of my own personal time trying to search through your support forums and using "Google" to solve my own problem without success. After downloading and installing Episode 3 I -

1) Continue to have the game state my Mac is in an "offline" mode when clearly my machine is online (tried this on 2 different machines and it still claims I am offline)

and

2) After FINALLY receiving an offline code from Amy Lukima, the game freezes still on the activation scene (which, according to the forums, is a common problem that others have experienced as well).

As stated earlier, it has been over a week since my purchase, which was purchased with the intent of playing the game during a trip I was traveling on which has since gone and passed. I find it completely UNACCEPTABLE the lack of response and urgency my complaints and asks of support are receiving.

If I continue to receive such a lack of support and assistance in trying to get a game that I have paid for to work, I will seek action to contact my financial institution to have those funds collected by Telltale challenged and blocked. In addition, I will not hesitate to also contact the BBB and express my frustrations and concerns as well!

Customer just simply trying to get his "purchased" game to work,
- HBK

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Sorry about the lack of response thus far. Please try the following and see if it helps:

1) Go to (your user name)/Library/Preferences on your Mac.
    2) Scroll down the list of files and find the one named com.TelltaleGames.Platform.plist.
    3) Delete that file and try reopening the launcher.

Doing this will effectively make it as if you've never launched a BttF episode on your machine before, so you'll have to log in again. (Don't worry, this won't effect your save games or anything like that.)

If that doesn't work, you may need to make sure you have any firewalls or other network security turned off. This isn't usually necessary, but it's possible you have an especially picky firewall that won't let the launcher talk to our website.

Please reply on this thread if the above steps don't help.
  • edited May 2011
    Still no luck. Just don't understand the problem. I have a factory default MacBook Pro with no special firewall software or anything other than the default programs and configuration.
  • edited May 2011
    Hmm. Are you attempting to connect on a school server?
This discussion has been closed.