Why didn´t Telltale Games consider to release JP:TG on Wii?

edited August 2011 in Jurassic Park
It was very depressing for me, when i found out that Telltale didn´t consider to release JP: The Game on Wii. :(

Comments

• edited May 2011
    wii sucks for good games based on things like Jurassic Park
  • edited May 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »

I highly disagree. The Wii has an abundance of really good games. The problem is that a bunch of 3rd parties that don't really care about making good games just keep releasing an overabundance of second rate Wii sports clones.

HOWEVER! The graphics style of Jurassic Park looks a bit out of reach for the Wii. Nintendo's next console, maybe, but not the Wii. Back to the Future would've been a better fit for the Wii.
  • edited May 2011
    The Wii has an abundance of really good games. .

Oh really? Like what? Those sports games dont count and any other kind of game (except the Indiana Jones game which was great) sucks with the Wii controls....
  • edited May 2011
    Oh really? Like what? Those sports games dont count and any other kind of game (except the Indiana Jones game which was great) sucks with the Wii controls....

Really? I'd say the fact that Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and the Legend of Zelda Twilight princess have done very well for themselves to prove that there are good games. And from third parties, I highly recommend the No More Heroes games...unless you have an aversion to violence. And if you're into RPGs, I'd give Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World a look. I'm not denying that there are some bad games on the Wii. Pretty much every Sonic game released for the console prior to Sonic Colors was a trainwreck, and ports of games like Ghostbusters and The Force Unleashed were terrible. Not to mention that Arc Rise Fantasia, an RPG that looked extraordinarily promising, was absolutely RUINED by the English voice localization.

What really saddens me is that it's becoming very apparent that there are some top quality games coming out for the Wii, but have yet to be confirmed for localization outside of Japan, such as The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.
  • edited May 2011

You can´t say a console sucks if you haven´t any argument about it. The Wii has been sold over 86 Million times. (PS3 50 Million, Xbox360 52 Million)

Besides Wii has one of the best franchises: Super Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong........

And what has Xbox and Playstation. Almost every game on their platform is a ego shooter.

So you might get used to it that the wii doesnt suck
  • edited May 2011
    I highly disagree. The Wii has an abundance of really good games. The problem is that a bunch of 3rd parties that don't really care about making good games just keep releasing an overabundance of second rate Wii sports clones.

HOWEVER! The graphics style of Jurassic Park looks a bit out of reach for the Wii. Nintendo's next console, maybe, but not the Wii. Back to the Future would've been a better fit for the Wii.

Yeah but i think JP would´ve worked also. The wii could handle it :)
  • edited May 2011
    You can´t say a console sucks if you haven´t any argument about it. The Wii has been sold over 86 Million times. (PS3 50 Million, Xbox360 52 Million)

Besides Wii has one of the best franchises: Super Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong........

And what has Xbox and Playstation. Almost every game on their platform is a ego shooter.

I like how you first say people shouldn't judge the Wii without giving any arguments, and then basically do the same for PS3 and 360.

I'd rather not get myself mixed up in this discussion too much, but I will say this: I own a Wii with 16 very enjoyable games for it, including two shooters (Red Steel and Red Steel 2). I also own a PS3 with 28 games for it, of which only one can be classified as a shooter (Unreal Tournament 3). Yes, the PS3 and Xbox 360 have more shooters, but I don't see how that a bad thing.
  • edited May 2011
    They did consider it, and chose against it.
  • edited May 2011
    I like how you first say people shouldn't judge the Wii without giving any arguments, and then basically do the same for PS3 and 360.

I'd rather not get myself mixed up in this discussion too much, but I will say this: I own a Wii with 16 very enjoyable games for it, including two shooters (Red Steel and Red Steel 2). I also own a PS3 with 28 games for it, of which only one can be classified as a shooter (Unreal Tournament 3). Yes, the PS3 and Xbox 360 have more shooters, but I don't see how that a bad thing.

Yeah you´re right i didn´t gave any arguments about PS3 and Xbox :D

I own a Wii and a xbox 360 and i like them equally. You are right that both PS3 and Xbox don´t have just shooters. But i say 50% could be classified as a shooter on those two. I just hate it when people say that nintendo sucks. Nintendo was a gaming company 10 years before ps or xbox was invented.
  • edited May 2011
    Has Telltale ever specifically said it won't come to the Wii? :p

Anyway, the thing is that the Wii is...very different from the PS3 and 360. It doesn't have the same graphical or technical capabilities, and it's dependent on motion-control.

Now, Telltale's games aren't very demanding in both the graphics and gameplay department (and, for all the problems the WiiWare version of Tales had, it did control well), but simply because the game isn't being developed with the Wii in mind it'd end up a shoddy port. Also, Telltale's past experiences with the Wii haven't been so great (Where's Puzzle Agent again?). Granted, most of those were on WiiWare, but even the disc releases of the first two Sam and Max seasons on Wii had their problems.
  • edited May 2011
    Because the console is rubbish.

(Yes, i have it myself)
  • edited May 2011
    thiz wrote: »
    Because the console is rubbish.

(Yes, i have it myself)

You are one of few who tink that
  • edited May 2011
    Just play in on PC, Jesus Christ.
  • edited May 2011
    Cozur wrote: »
    Just play in on PC, Jesus Christ.

i want to play it on the pc as well, but it would be cool if i could play it on the wii. God damnit
  • edited May 2011

true but many others think that it is rubbish
  • edited May 2011

Its a little more than a few...

Who cares if it sold better than Xbox or PS3? People wanted a motion sensing game system but didn't realise that there wouldnt be any good games for it. Its like the Xbox 360's Kinect. The Kinect sold more than any other electronics item but it only had a few different Kinect based games.

My point is that, you guys are saying that Wii has some of the best franchises, but look at what the Xbox and the PS3 have, they have all of the most popular game franchises like Call of Duty, which Wii tried to get, but I havnt met anyone who enjoyed (or even bought) Call of Duty or any other popular franchises along those lines on the Wii. The franchises that you guys brought up aren't the "best franchises" either, they are just the only okay games on the Wii because most of them were also made by Nintendo along with the Wii.

In the year 2011, the Xbox or PS3 controller works better for games that the Wii or Kinect, and it will remain that way until they come up with a way better way for handling these kind of games so that the Wii can appeal to more types of fans. I personally have a Wii but it sits there unplugged with a stack of boring Wii games. The only one I have been trying to convince myself to try is Telltale's Sam and Max game for the Wii. Hopefully the Wii 2 will be better :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2011

Try first party games.
    Mario Galaxy and Zelda are great games with motion controls.
  • edited May 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Try first party games.
    Mario Galaxy and Zelda are great games with motion controls.

Which are only "good" because they are made by the same people as the Wii is(Nintendo). Not many other games for Wii are good, where on the Xbox and PS3, most of the games made by people who arent the creators of the Xbox or PS3 (Microsoft and Sony), are still good on these products.
  • edited May 2011
    Ok when the wii was first released i tht it was going to be amazing. turned out to be a waste of money and a huge dissapointment. The mario games and zelda games are cool but they get repetitve. The only time i play mario is on my SNES. Any other game for wii besides Mario and Zelda are an absolute waste of time and money to play. Xbox and PS3 have the best graphics, Best gameplay, and best games.

on the other hand, u dont really need JP for the Wii not only will it looks terrible but it'll feel weird to play just get it for pc Xbox or PS3 u dont need to play the wii
  • edited May 2011
    Ok when the wii was first released i tht it was going to be amazing. turned out to be a waste of money and a huge dissapointment. The mario games and zelda games are cool but they get repetitve. The only time i play mario is on my SNES. Any other game for wii besides Mario and Zelda are an absolute waste of time and money to play. Xbox and PS3 have the best graphics, Best gameplay, and best games.

on the other hand, u dont really need JP for the Wii not only will it looks terrible but it'll feel weird to play just get it for pc Xbox or PS3 u dont need to play the wii

Thank you for putting it so perfectly. The Wii is what made me stop liking most games that I loved to play on my GameBoy and turn back to "getting fresh air" :mad:

I love Mario games but having 50 Mario-based games produced by Nintendo in the first three months of the Wii's release because nothing else worked well with thier controller really makes me dissapointed every time I see my old GameBoy Advance with the "Super Mario Brothers Island 2" (or something) still inside. This streak of the same idea being slightly skewed in each new game that comes out a week later really does get repetative, as you once so eloquently put it! ;) I think I am going to wait for Nintendo to come out with the first at-home virtual reality games before I make a purchase from them again... :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2011
    Thank you for putting it so perfectly. The Wii is what made me stop liking most games that I loved to play on my GameBoy and turn back to "getting fresh air" :mad:

I love Mario games but having 50 Mario-based games produced by Nintendo in the first three months of the Wii's release because nothing else worked well with thier controller really makes me dissapointed every time I see my old GameBoy Advance with the "Super Mario Brothers Island 2" (or something) still inside. This streak of the same idea being slightly skewed in each new game that comes out a week later really does get repetative, as you once so eloquently put it! ;) I think I am going to wait for Nintendo to come out with the first at-home virtual reality games before I make a purchase from them again... :rolleyes:

i heard that they want to release a wii 2 with better graphics. So it might be something for you :)
  • edited May 2011
    i heard that they want to release a wii 2 with better graphics. So it might be something for you :)

Better graphics is good, but its gonna take some time to get to Xbox and PS3 quality. I dont really have too much against Wii's graphics, its more that not too many games work well with it. Like i said, I'm waiting for thier virtual reality games...
  • edited May 2011
    Better graphics is good, but its gonna take some time to get to Xbox and PS3 quality. I dont really have too much against Wii's graphics, its more that not too many games work well with it. Like i said, I'm waiting for thier virtual reality games...

I´ve heard that the graphics will be better than 360 and PS3. And you have to wear 3D glasses. I don´t know if it´s true..
  • edited May 2011
    Zelda is on FUDGING GAMECUBE.

How ridiculous is that.

Yeah sure you can't "fish as if you were fishing", I think we can all live without that.
  • edited May 2011
    Cause the Wii would rape the game in the ass.

Also cause the Wii is getting a V2. Makes no sense to release a game to an almost obsolete console.
  • edited May 2011

He just put up how much the Wii sold, compared to the 360 and ps3, to state that it wasn't a bad system. I have 76 wii games, and enjoy almost all of them. But it's all in personal taste, because some of them didn't do good at all, like Rampage Total Destruction, which I love.:D

Having the best graphics in the world won't help the games be any better. -.-
  • edited May 2011
    Agree
  • edited May 2011
    Wii controls for most games are just awful and pointless. Making a vague jiggling motion doesn't make me feel like I'm swinging a sword, just the opposite, it reminds me that I'm using a bad controller every time I have to do it.
  • edited August 2011
    Do you think it might get released on the WiiU?
  • edited August 2011
    Do you think it might get released on the WiiU?

No.

Nothing against the Wii U, but considering the delay just to get it on 360, imagine the delay for a console that's not out yet. The Wii U would easily be able to handle Jurassic Park, but it's still a year away.

As for all of you Wii-bashers...F***. If anything, it's a testament to the success of the damn thing that both Microsoft and Sony are copying Nintendo. It's not like they've never done that anyways...

The Wii deserves a lot more credit than people give it. It has a ton of great games. Unfortunately, it's inundated by ShovelWare from companies that basically say, "Hey, Wii Sports did pretty good, let's just copy it with crummier gameplay and slap it on a disc." Nintendo just really needs to learn to say NO. Or make them use the stupid WiiMotionPlus instead of continuing to use "waggle" controls.

Good games for Wii: Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Monster Hunter Tri, No More Heroes 1 & 2, the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Other M. Maybe Sonic Colors. And with Skyward Sword coming, the Wii's last year might be its best.
  • edited August 2011
    I love how people bash on a console for a really stupid reason. The Wii is a great console with not the best games, but nothing to complain about. The Wii is more of a family friendly console. Xbox and Ps3 are more hardcore consoles. I think the Wii has potential for any upcoming games :D
  • edited August 2011
    I think the Wii is a great system. And it was my favorite for a while. But I also have a PS3 and I have to say I enjoy it much more. I'm never one to complain about graphics but there came a point where I just wanted better. BUT THAT'S NOT WHY I DON'T USE IT MUCH ANYMORE. , I really enjoy many of the games I got for it! I have to say, though, I like the gameplay style on other gaming systems much more. I like the Multiplayer aspect of the PS3 much more. And I just feel like I'm enjoying more titles because I have a PS3. But, I still think they should release it on the Wii...honestly I know how it feels to be left out because of my system...which is why I got the PS3.
  • edited August 2011
    I love how people bash on a console for a really stupid reason. The Wii is a great console with not the best games, but nothing to complain about. The Wii is more of a family friendly console. Xbox and Ps3 are more hardcore consoles. I think the Wii has potential for any upcoming games :D

Nintendo's always been family friendly. The problem with the Wii is that a lot of the third parties were interested in 1080p and HD and glorious gore. The only 3rd parties left for the Wii did what I described in my last post, taking Wii Sports, or one aspect of Wii Sports such as golf or bowling, and throwing it on a disk.

And not all games on Nintendo consoles are "family friendly". No More Heroes 1 & 2 have lots of blood, swearing, and sexual content, so dinosaurs eating teenage girls isn't necessarily out of Nintendo's MO.

However, I don't think it's the right move for TellTale. Nor would waiting and putting it on the Wii U. Yes, the Wii U is going to be going back to "hardcore". Yes, it's going to have Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham City. But those games will be out for months by the time their Wii U counterparts are out, and the same would be true of Jurassic Park. The only way I see them bringing JP to a Nintendo console right now is to either support the 3DS, or bring it to the Wii U next year with some added bonus as incentive to get it for the console. Otherwise, they shouldn't bother.

Personally? I'd rather have JP & BttF on my 3DS, that way I could take them wherever and see it in 3D.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.