Telltalegames contact?

edited June 2011 in Site Support
I've sent three emails to support@telltalegames.com since late April, and have not received any proper response. The last email I received from support@telltalegames.com was an automated "support issue has been received" on the 30th April. No email is being blocked from my end btw, I've checked my junk folder.

So I'm asking if there is currently a problem with support@telltalegames.com, or am I the only customer experiencing this issue?

I would have sent this message privately via email to Telltalegames, but as I am having no luck there, I see this forum as my only potential source of communication.

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2011
    PM one of the telltale team members with your problem
  • edited May 2011
    coolguy721 wrote: »
    PM one of the telltale team members with your problem

I did that 13 days ago, but still no response!
  • edited May 2011
    Same here! I haven't sent another email in a while, but I tried to get some help back in late March. I got an email reply saying they have received my message and to try PMing someone if they don't reply. I've sent a PM to one of the members and haven't gotten any reply at all since then. :/

Maybe they're just busy? Can't blame them there.
  • edited May 2011
    k-klare wrote: »
    Same here! I haven't sent another email in a while, but I tried to get some help back in late March. I got an email reply saying they have received my message and to try PMing someone if they don't reply. I've sent a PM to one of the members and haven't gotten any reply at all since then. :/

Maybe they're just busy? Can't blame them there.

I'm sorry to here about the lack of communication you have received, I know how that feels, but I completely disagree with your final sentiment. We are paying customer's, and entitled to expect far better communication, some people still have issues unresolved from last year!
  • edited May 2011
    Shuv-Oohl wrote: »
    I'm sorry to here about the lack of communication you have received, I know how that feels, but I completely disagree with your final sentiment. We are paying customer's, and entitled to expect far better communication, some people still have issues unresolved from last year!

From last year, seriously?! Oh, god. I appreciate Telltale for the games and everything, but that's totally unacceptable. BTTF might be the first and last thing I'm purchasing here.

Sorry about your communication problem too. Hopefully you're not one of those waiting for a year for a simple fix.
  • edited June 2011
    k-klare wrote: »
    From last year, seriously?! Oh, god. I appreciate Telltale for the games and everything, but that's totally unacceptable. BTTF might be the first and last thing I'm purchasing here.

Sorry about your communication problem too. Hopefully you're not one of those waiting for a year for a simple fix.

I replied to you both times right away.

To: Telltale Support <support@telltalegames.com>
    Subject: Email address problems?
    Date: March 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi,

For some reason I\'ve been having trouble with my email for my main account. I\'ve been a little sloppy as of late and I never saved or wrote the password for the main account, hooah. I\'ve been sending password requests to the email address, but I\'m unable to receive the it. But with my sister\'s account I can receive the email with no troubles. Would it be possible to recover the password from you guys or change my email address?

Thanks,
    removed

To: removed <removed>
    Subject: Re: Email address problems?
    Date: March 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi,

I've reset your password to: removed

You should now be able to log in.

Thanks,
  • edited June 2011
    Shuv-Oohl wrote: »
    I've sent three emails to support@telltalegames.com since late April, and have not received any proper response. The last email I received from support@telltalegames.com was an automated "support issue has been received" on the 30th April. No email is being blocked from my end btw, I've checked my junk folder.

So I'm asking if there is currently a problem with support@telltalegames.com, or am I the only customer experiencing this issue?

I would have sent this message privately via email to Telltalegames, but as I am having no luck there, I see this forum as my only potential source of communication.

Thanks

The only email I got from y our registered email address was answered immediately.

To: CJ S <cjremoved>
    Subject: Re: Request for manual unlock code?
    Date: April 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi,
    Your manual unlock code is: 39VXG-FHVJ3-U8KUY-6E6K9-Y99SR-ZMCYH-8XRM2- removed

Thanks,

Amy
  • edited June 2011
    issue-48599
    That is really strange. I have also received no feedback after almost two weeks. I'm 100% sure that I didn't miss any email (I check spam folder regularly).
    Wouldn't it be better to write a private message as an answer instead or as an addition to plain email, as emails are not coming from Telltale even you are writing them?

But definitely none of my two requests is solved - just somebody added new invoice to my account, but still not any game - and JP insider forum is still not available (from Hector insider forum experience it may be, that I should not bother, as in Hector forum there is absolutely no insider information in it, only two posts from Telltale and in fact last any post is more than two weeks old...)
  • edited June 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    I replied to you both times right away.

To: Telltale Support <support@telltalegames.com>
    Subject: Email address problems?
    Date: March 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi,

For some reason I\'ve been having trouble with my email for my main account. I\'ve been a little sloppy as of late and I never saved or wrote the password for the main account, hooah. I\'ve been sending password requests to the email address, but I\'m unable to receive the it. But with my sister\'s account I can receive the email with no troubles. Would it be possible to recover the password from you guys or change my email address?

Thanks,
    removed

To: removed <removed>
    Subject: Re: Email address problems?
    Date: March 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi,

I've reset your password to: removed

You should now be able to log in.

Thanks,

Really? Crap. Might be another email problem...

Thanks for your assistance. I'm sorry!
  • edited June 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    The only email I got from y our registered email address was answered immediately.

To: CJ S <cjremoved>
    Subject: Re: Request for manual unlock code?
    Date: April 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi,
    Your manual unlock code is: 39VXG-FHVJ3-U8KUY-6E6K9-Y99SR-ZMCYH-8XRM2- removed

Thanks,

Amy

This is ridiculous! If you truthfully only received the email dated April 22nd, then Telltale really need to get their systems in order. The email you mention (dated the 22nd April) is the ONLY email that was responded to, and I have made no complaints about that. Since then I've sent emails on April 30th and May 5th, both requesting clarification on when my item would be shipped, no response was forthcoming. I sent you a PM on May 10th, which to this date has been ignored. I opened a thread on May 23rd requesting information about my order status, and that also was ignored by the Telltale team.

I'm actually rather surprised that you chose to respond to this thread almost a month after the original post, but really this just demonstrates the shabby state of customer support. The forums are full of people complaining about their issues being ignored, but Telltale have continually refused to accept responsibility for this farce.

If the Telltale team have problems with their email systems then why not take action to get them fixed? To lose one email might be regarded as a misfortune, to lose several looks like carelessness. If you know that customers are unable to contact you by email, why not answer their PMs? Finally, why not make a habit of responding to legitimate complaints on the forums? Most people who raise their issues in public have not been dealt with satisfactorily privately. If the Telltale team managed their emails and PMs better then the support forums might not be full of people complaining about the diabolical state of customer care.
This discussion has been closed.