Problems with launching Hector while offline

edited May 2011 in Game Support
Hi,

I seem to have trouble launching the Hector Episode 1 game on my iMac. Currently I am without any internet connection after shifting to a new place and because I return to my hometown every alternate week where we have a nice fibre optics internet connection, I do not plan to sign up for an internet plan to use at my rented place.

So when I was back at my hometown, I downloaded and installed the game on my Macbook Pro (older version, late 2008) and it works fine. So when I bring back the game installer and try to run it on my imac, it seems to hang at launcher screen (not showing any contents). So I wonder if I absolutely need the internet connection proper to actually run the game at all?

I have tried this method for BTTF games (only for the most recent episodes before I stopped having internet connection on my iMac) and they run perfectly fine on my iMac. I am guessing that because I have already 'activated' my account on the game for BTTF, the later episodes could run without any issues.

Any advice you can give?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Sorry, but offline activation isn't possible on Hector. You only need to be connected the first time you log into the game, though -- once you've done so, you should be able to play it just fine, as with the BttF games.
  • edited May 2011
    Hi Caleb, thanks for clearing it up! So, looks like I have no choice but to wait to go back to my hometown again to play it or get a new internet connection.
This discussion has been closed.