Carnotaurus

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
I just finished reading TLW and who agrees the Carnotaurus are awesome?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Here here!
  • edited May 2011
    Even Disney knows how amazing the Carnotaurus truly is.
  • edited May 2011
    Even Disney knows how amazing the Carnotaurus truly is.

Very true they made excellent antagonists
  • edited May 2011
    I just finished reading TLW and who agrees the Carnotaurus are awesome?

The whole whole camouflage aspect was very cool. Even though we never got to see them in the movies, Kenner did release a nice toy of a Carnotaurus.
  • edited May 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    The whole whole camouflage aspect was very cool. Even though we never got to see them in the movies, Kenner did release a nice toy of a Carnotaurus.

They released actually two. One for the second wave of the first film and another one for The Lost World. The later looks sadly much worse.
  • edited May 2011
    Can someone post a link of them?
  • edited December 2011
    Telltale has to put Carnotaurus in the next JP game. It's WAY to awesome! If they don't put Carnotaurus in the next game, I'll die! I CAN'T live without Carnotaurus.
  • edited December 2011
    uhhm the carnotaurus from dinosaur and the one from jurassic park is there a difference?
  • edited December 2011
    uhhm the carnotaurus from dinosaur and the one from jurassic park is there a difference?

I think there were described as being smaller (though they were still largish), though I could be wrong about that. Also they only hunted at night and were able to change the colour of their skin to blend in to their environment.

As for my opinions the Canotaurs, here are a few notes I wrote up for another thread:
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Also, I have to talk about the chameleonic Carnotaurus. The chapter where Malcolm and the others were hiding in the Carnotaurs territory and were piecing together everything about the predators was possibly the most tense and frighting moment from either book. However, it was short-lived and extremely anti-climatic. Nobody died and they quickly learned how to deal with the creatures, nullifying any possible threat. So unfortunately, a disappointing ending to a truly thrilling sequence.
  • edited December 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    I think there were described as being smaller (though they were still largish), though I could be wrong about that. Also they only hunted at night and were able to change the colour of their skin to blend in to their environment.

As for my opinions the Canotaurs, here are a few notes I wrote up for another thread:

i ment skin color wise lolz, in comics they are similar between the ones in dinosaur and the ones in jurassic park
  • edited December 2011
    i ment skin color wise lolz, in comics they are similar between the ones in dinosaur and the ones in jurassic park

Well their skin changes colour, so yes, they're different.
  • edited December 2011
    ok the carataur on jurassic park the lost world the game or some shit like that when you play as the compy the carnataur is a grayish color, is this one of its colors?
  • edited December 2011
    Well they don't really describe the colours much because a) it's dark, and b) the animals are almost invisible.
  • edited December 2011
    OK i am wandering how long the movie would be if they redid the lost world jurassic park and put in the parts from the book, it would probably have to be 2 parts, the carnotaur part and the pterenodon part, also they took a part off in the city, they didn't show how the velociraptors ate the people on the boat, also the velociraptors sneak off into the city, and there is a small team i think they either capture them and send them back to the Island or kill them, i am not sure?
  • edited December 2011
    Well none of the t-rex being shipped to San Diego happened in either book so if they remade the movie to be closer to the book they wouldn't include any of that stuff.

Also, the cearadactyls (or pterodacyls) were in the first book, not the second.
  • edited December 2011
    i don't know what you guys are talking about, but carnotaurus was featured in all three films and in the game. i'm guessing you guys just weren't watching carefully enough.
  • edited December 2011
    Actually, carnotaurus is the longest running easter egg in motion picture history.
  • edited December 2011
    i don't know what you guys are talking about, but carnotaurus was featured in all three films and in the game. i'm guessing you guys just weren't watching carefully enough.

it sucks that they werent on jpog right, well you can mod charcarodontasaurus to look like carnotaurus on modding genesis, or allosaurus, but i think it is just me who mods them, i got several copies, that have certain mods in them
  • edited December 2011
    it sucks that they werent on jpog right, well you can mod charcarodontasaurus to look like carnotaurus on modding genesis, or allosaurus, but i think it is just me who mods them, i got several copies, that have certain mods in them

If a sequel to JPOG does come out (which will probably made after JP4 does come to theaters), the game MUST include Carnotaurus.
  • edited December 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    If a sequel to JPOG does come out (which will probably made after JP4 does come to theaters), the game MUST include Carnotaurus.

If a sequel comes out, it'll have to be handled by someone else. From what I understand, the company that made it shut down.
  • edited December 2011
    here is one of my mods that i did from modding genesis
    carnotaurus

carnotaurus.JPG

mod from albertosaurus

also another mod from charcarodontasaurus
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4srKiPY8lUWebN9ZeZK-BXBhCIK4id7GJXDwQjwx3mokdB5Nhh9j30My8
    Carnotaurus

dang cant show regular, unless your able to insert image from your computer, which i am not seeing when i edit the post,
    they dont have the bite force as the t-rex, but working together they could take it down,
    here is the link for the regular version
    http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=635&tbm=isch&tbnid=02lIeLcIFrk7oM:&imgrefurl=http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/File:Jurassic_park_carnotaurs_pen_2_by_onipunisher-d3l5hgb.jpg&docid=DEA-oQiUeadC0M&imgurl=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110829195315/jurassicpark/images/2/2c/Jurassic_park_carnotaurs_pen_2_by_onipunisher-d3l5hgb.jpg&w=1024&h=768&ei=I2feTvDYLszy2gWf16yDBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=390&sig=113882004632236241786&page=5&tbnh=120&tbnw=170&start=80&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:80&tx=73&ty=55
  • edited December 2011
    Carnotaurus has been something I've wanted to see in the films FOREVER. It's one of the most bad ass dinosaurs ever. It was an amazing dinosaur in the books and had some of the best chapters, they've made two JP toys of it (one for JPs2 and one for TLWs1) they made a TLW finger puppet of it. It even appeared in the TLW shooter arcade game as a freaking awesome boss (complete with camo ability and everything.) Yet it's been shafted from the films. Shame.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.