[ToMI] System requirements???

edited May 2011 in Game Support
Hi TG, would like to play monkey island 5 but not sure if my computer meets the requirements. it needs a DirectX 8.1 graphics card with 128 MiByte VRAM? i have no idea what graphics card my computer has. how do i know what graphics card ive got, and does it meet the games' system requirements? the PC is about 3 years old and uses vista. can anyone help me!? thanks :confused:

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Write "dxdiag" in the start menu's search box to run the Direct X diagnosis tool. You'll see the version of Dirext X at the bottom of the system information list. Then click monitor/graphicscard/whatever its called in english, and you'll see your graphicscard's name and memory etc.
  • edited May 2011
    ok i have directx 11 :D and the requirements say i need DirectX 8.1 graphics card with 128 MiByte VRAM does that mean my PC meets the requirements?
  • edited May 2011
    You confirmed that you have DX11, but you didn't check which card you had, in which you have to click on monitor/graphics card or whatever it's called, on the top. Open up dxdiag again, and click on Monitor on the top.
  • edited May 2011
    there's a "display" tab?
  • edited May 2011
    gnowhere85 wrote: »
    there's a "display" tab?

The one that's right next to the System tab.
  • edited May 2011
    yeah, there's - "Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family" and "Chip Type - Intel(R) GMA 3100" ???
  • edited May 2011
    I'm sorry to say that with that Chipset you're looking at running the game at a really low screen resolution on low details, maybe even in a window. Sorry 'bout that, and seeing how it looks like you have a laptop (is that right?) you can't swap your graphics card for a new one :(
  • edited May 2011
    but i could still play it?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Why don't you try the demo of the first episode?
  • edited May 2011
    yeah it works! but i have to reduce the quality in the graphic settings to play it at normal speed. thanks mac, ozzie & star. :)
This discussion has been closed.