[Poker Night] Steam version instant crashing bug?

edited June 2011 in Game Support
Okay, so I have had Poker Night for quite some time, and I have played 11 hours.

But lately, whenever I try and launch it, it will go to a blackscreen then it will crash. I have tryed re-installing and everything.

Any help?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Anyone?
  • edited May 2011
    Cabbage wrote: »
    Anyone?

Hi ,
    Can I take a look at your DXDiag?

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information". It will prompt you to save a file. Since I cannot receive attachments, I'll need you to cut and paste the contents into this email for me.

Thanks,

Amy
  • edited June 2011
    Was this Problem resolved? i had the same problem and many people i know too, i was able to play it for a long time, and then just yesterday, it stopped, and gives me a black screen to stare at after the logo comes on, i think it was to do with the recent graphics settings, but it ran fine, it just crashes before it can reach the main menu.

Has this been resolved?
    I want to play it again, ive played over 40 hours of it.
  • edited June 2011
    Well i got it to work, but only via reinstalling, deleting data and then starting game after waiting about 20 minutes, but now the game can barley even run at the lowest possible settings, i used to be able to run it at full, but now it lags and crashes, whats happened to this game? and update? i can't get the lag to stop, is there any way of fixing this?

I must have suitable hardware and software to run it otherwise, i couldnt have been playing it at max graphics beforehand, any suggestions?

*btw each time i load it up it still takes about 20 long minutes for the main menu to appear*
  • edited June 2011
    After doing some tweaking i have fixed this problem, its nothing to do with the game itself rather conflicting background programs, when you start up your computer some programs activate that you don't know about, simple way to stop this:
    Go to Run (press start button and search program)
    Type MSConfig and then ok
    This should bring you to a window called system config.
    Go to Startup tab
    Untick all programs (unless there are some you want to keep like Antivirus and ect)
    Restart Computer.
    This will help speed up your computer in general, not just the game, if this doesnt work, delete files in TEMP ( go to run and enter %TEMP% )

Hope this helps people
This discussion has been closed.