New Concept Art

edited September 2011 in Jurassic Park
I dont know if any of you have checked out the blogs yet but there is new cocept art for JP you should check it out.:D

Comments

• edited May 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    I dont know if any of you have checked out the blogs yet but there is new cocept art for JP you should check it out.:D
    Can't wait to see more, especially anything from E3!
  • edited May 2011

A link/pictures of artwork mentioned would be helpful.

Thanks.
  • TB3TB3
    edited May 2011
    I think this is it:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/05/20/exclusive-concept-art-of-jurassic-park-the-games-nedry-clearing/

Basically a new piece of concept art for the East Dock and another of Nedry's Clearing.

Love the little details here, such as Nedry's footprints in the mud leading up to the the tree, and the pool of water at the bottom of the bank where he got washed down.

The dock however, not so sure - based on this and the previous piece of concept art released it looks too basic for Isla Nublar's needs. We know that in the novel the East Dock was just a service dock, but in the film it appears to be the island's main port-of-call, and was sufficently developed that (unlike the novel) it had a breakwater (as seen immediately after the Sick Trike scene), making it a proper harbour. Given that this is where all construction materials for the Park would have been landed (along with personel, vehicles, dinos from Sorna, etc), you'd think InGen would have more than a single wooden jetty and a dirt track leading inland - warehouses, cargo handling facilities, cranes, a garage for the park staff shuttlebuses etc.
  • edited June 2011
    the new concept art, shown at the TTG-blog, was originally already published in the insider forum in april.
    but this time it's got a higher resultion which shows some more details:
    fieldlab_lg.jpg

titled "fieldlab" it obviously shows harding's desktop. on the computer monitor we can see a plan view of "something". but on the right you can see the explorer-status, as it was during the movie before the shutdown. plus you can clearly recognize the inside-view of explorer 05 with malcolm, grant and sattler right above the vehicle status.
    so this concept art is showing hardings desktop before the system shutdown?
  • edited June 2011
    It does appear that it is prior to the shutdown. I didn't notice Grant, Sattler, and Malcolm until you pointed them out though. Good eye!
  • edited June 2011
    Aha! So they ARE appearing on the game!

I knew it!

:p
  • edited June 2011
    That seems to be the pic from the movie of sattler, grant, and malcolm, but i truly hope it isnt and i hope you will get to play as them in the game:p
  • edited June 2011
    That seems to be the pic from the movie of sattler, grant, and malcolm, but i truly hope it isnt and i hope you will get to play as them in the game:p

Most likely not as they said it was basically an all-new cast, minus the revamped Harding. Remember this is concept art and not a screenshot from in-game, so designs/images may differ in terms of concept and actual implementation.
  • edited June 2011
    All I care about is that poster of Wilford Brimley saying EAT YOUR DAMN OATMEAL.
  • edited June 2011
    It seems far too beautiful to be an ingame realtime render. :-(
  • edited June 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    the new concept art, shown at the TTG-blog, was originally already published in the insider forum in april.
    but this time it's got a higher resultion which shows some more details:

titled "fieldlab" it obviously shows harding's desktop. on the computer monitor we can see a plan view of "something". but on the right you can see the explorer-status, as it was during the movie before the shutdown. plus you can clearly recognize the inside-view of explorer 05 with malcolm, grant and sattler right above the vehicle status.
    so this concept art is showing hardings desktop before the system shutdown?

Good upload. I also didn't notice the video feed until you pointed it out ;) . That folder looks pretty important too. Just what did happen durring "Date August?"

Btw, still waiting on my Insider Forum Access...
  • edited June 2011
    All the concept artworks and ingame shots kind of look like how CSI games look like, when there is no dinosaur around, at least. I have no problem with it, it has its own sweet atmosphere.
  • edited June 2011
    Disturbing...

env_nedrysBody_sm.jpg

SOURCE: Side Questing
  • edited June 2011
    I don't to know about E3. can't see.
  • TB3TB3
    edited June 2011
    That is bowel-loosening frightening. The horror of the mangled corpse contrasting with the docile, seemingly-harmless Dilo, it's head cocked curiously.

But the most terrifying part of all...is the handprints on the glass. He was trying to get out...that one handprint on the far side of the car, brings to mind Nedry, desperately trying to push his way past the Dilo, fumbling for the door handle, screaming, bleeding, dying...

(breaks down whimpering)

I will say, that this game has sold the Dilos as dangerous animals for me far more than the movie did - the fact that the Dilo animatic from the movie was neither large nor particularly fast always made it seem more of a joke than a threat to me...but this picture, and the E3 preview footage, ugh! (shivers)...I'm never looking at those little buggers the same way again.
  • edited June 2011
    It's definitely scary although I'm glad they decided to tone it back a bit for E3. I don't think I could get through a game if there was stuff like the above in it!
  • edited June 2011
    It's definitely scary although I'm glad they decided to tone it back a bit for E3. I don't think I could get through a game if there was stuff like the above in it!

I'm glad that they changed it in the game too. This level of gore is kinda off license
  • edited June 2011
    Here is a bigger version of the same picture from the same site

http://www.sidequesting.com/wp-content/uploads/env_nedrysBody2.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    pfui!
  • edited June 2011
    pfui!
    ?

I wish we'd get more of these concept arts though, I'd love a ViDoc at some point! It's been awhile since the Dinosaur one.
  • edited June 2011
    "Pfui!" is a german slang for "Pew!", "Yuck!" or "Ugh!"

related to the disgusting concept art ;)
  • edited June 2011

Thank you for clearing that up! Then definitely that times ten. ;)
  • edited June 2011

The More You know

the_more_you_know2.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYRT34AOQ&Expires=1309240073&Signature=q86BpnNtSNEIEGW0Gro6y%2FgiTtQ%3D

:cool:
  • edited July 2011
    it was mentioned on IGN that a marine reptile concept art was posted somewhere, is it going to be displayed anywhere again? im very intrested in the concept of a jurassic park aquarium
  • edited July 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    it was mentioned on IGN that a marine reptile concept art was posted somewhere, is it going to be displayed anywhere again? im very intrested in the concept of a jurassic park aquarium

Here is the one that was released at E3 (and a little earlier for pre-orderers):
    jurassic-park-the-game-20110722063558575.jpg

Today at Comic-Con it was announced what the species is:

jurassic-park-the-game-20110722063542263.jpg

Also, I dont think we've seen this one of the T-Rex yet because according to IGN it was released today...

jurassic-park-the-game-20110722063555715.jpg

ENJOY!!!
  • edited July 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Here is the one that was released at E3 (and a little earlier for pre-orderers):

Today at Comic-Con it was announced what the species is:

Also, I dont think we've seen this one of the T-Rex yet because according to IGN it was released today...
    ENJOY!!!

Ahem... except for the Rex.http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=529132&postcount=13
  • edited July 2011
    here is two more images

jurassic-park-the-game-20110722063548310.jpg

jurassic-park-the-game-20110722063552341_640w.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    Like! Aquarium looks awesome. But please Telltale, put Explorers in the game. After all current came back, and one explorer is still more or less undamaged. There would be nothing more cool than explorer returning to garage, thus completing its cycle around the island, possibly saving our character :)
  • edited August 2011
    veki wrote: »
    Like! Aquarium looks awesome. But please Telltale, put Explorers in the game. After all current came back, and one explorer is still more or less undamaged. There would be nothing more cool than explorer returning to garage, thus completing its cycle around the island, possibly saving our character :)

The Jurassic Park tour vehicle does make an appearance in the game.
  • edited August 2011

Alan, you just made my day. Thank you! Waiting for Fall now...but if it's necessary make another delay. I want for this to be a perfect game, to send chill down my spin, as the first movie did in good old 1993, and to remind me of my childhood again. If you do so, you will make me, and a lot of other people, judging by visits of this forum, eternally grateful :)
  • edited August 2011

will our characters be able to ride in it Alan?
  • edited August 2011
    Disturbing...

env_nedrysBody_sm.jpg

SOURCE: Side Questing

Ok I will admit to being a huge fan of Gore in games and movies, but when I first saw this picture... even I had to say "thats going a little far" in real life that wouldn't be far from the truth of what you'd see...but I am very glad TellTale toned it back for the demo gameplay they had at E3 and SDCC
  • edited August 2011
    Speaking of Concept art.......I want some more. :D
  • edited August 2011

I notice that you avoid referring to them by any brand name. :)
  • edited August 2011
    JP102_Gamescom1.jpgJP102_Gamescom2.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    It seems that graphics just become better...hw, background (as the rock) still needs some refinement :)
  • edited August 2011
    veki wrote: »
    It seems that graphics just become better...hw, background (as the rock) still needs some refinement :)

yea, im definetly buying this game no questions asked lol
  • edited August 2011
    Althought I'm glad for new pics. They don't really tell us anything new. I want to see gallimimus and Brachiosaurs!!
  • edited August 2011
    I love it all. But something seems off about the Dilophosaurus to me.
  • edited August 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    I love it all. But something seems off about the Dilophosaurus to me.

1. The one's in the movie do not have burgundy markings. In the movie those markings are greyish.
    2. Tongue shouldn't be forked.
    3. The frill in the movie is yellowish with reddish vain-like marks, the ones in the game have a different colored frill.

Those are the discrepencies I've noticed. Overall though, telltale has done an excellent job creating dinosaurs that look JP
Sign in to comment in this discussion.