[BTTF] How do I play the First Episode for Free?

edited June 2011 in Game Support
Hi i downloaded episode 1 and i cant unlock it offline where can i get a code?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Euphonik I got the same problem with that too because because all the signs were blank as well when I downloaded a free episode of BTTF episode#1 in fact I the people who downloaded might have the same problem as well? I think one of us should report this to IGN admittedly!
  • edited May 2011
    I also have this problem, and have Emailed support. I'll post here if I get a response.
  • edited May 2011
    hi, i've just downloaded BTTF EP1 for free. i have registered with telltale games but the game doesn't recognise my username /password.

any help would be greatly appreciated! :confused:
  • edited May 2011
    gerry74 wrote: »
    hi, i've just downloaded BTTF EP1 for free. i have registered with telltale games but the game doesn't recognise my username /password.

any help would be greatly appreciated! :confused:

Where id you download the game from?
  • edited May 2011
    got it at fileplanet - is it not legit?
  • edited May 2011
    Just downloaded free BTTF ep1 at Telltale website. Already registed at Telltale site & logged in with id/pw. Game login page won't accept id/pw. Please help.
  • edited May 2011
    Hi,
    I just downloaded the free episode I from TellTaleGames, I registered on the site (this is difficult ! not easy to find where and how). However when trying to login the game, it says:
    "Sorry, but it does not look like you own Back to The Future..."
    How do I get to try the promised Episode I ?
    Thanks,
    Tal
  • edited May 2011
    yea Im having the same problems. Uninstalled the fileplanet version I had and redownloaded from telltale and also tried running in admin mode and still same problem as youve said.

Im not sure if there is a way to add it to your games first. Havent found anything.:mad:
  • edited May 2011
    it accepted mine however it doesnt load because it says I didnt buy the game.
  • edited May 2011
    Same here. Spent a few hours trying and trying to log in, browsing the forums, trying the fixes for when this happened to users in early April.

Has something changed with this to cause it to happen again? I got bored. I'll try again in a few weeks.
  • edited May 2011
    Downloaded from here http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf
    Says that thing about not owning the game... :(
  • edited May 2011
    I would like to try this game out. A reply would be appreciated
  • edited May 2011
    Same issue here. Seems I downloaded and installed the game for nothing... :confused:
  • edited May 2011
    I join the club!
  • edited May 2011
    Hello. I also can't play Episode 1. I registered an account. I clicked on the banner (get free Episode 1 ) . Downloaded the setup package and installed. Game asked for login details -> I used my registration details, BUT NOT WORKED!!!!. It keep saying I dont own the game. Why is this?
  • edited May 2011
    Hello. I also can't play Episode 1. I registered an account. I clicked on the banner (get free Episode 1 ) . Downloaded the setup package and installed. Game asked for login details -> I used my registration details, BUT NOT WORKED!!!!. It keep saying I dont own the game. Why is this?

same here PLEASE HELP:mad: and :(
  • edited May 2011
    Cannot log in as it keeps saying "I do not own the game", so where is the Free Episode that we are suppose to be able to play? Ya right typical BS. I am not wasting no more time with this uninstalling after this post. Shame they have to make episodes and cannot come out with the full version of it so why waste the money?
  • edited May 2011
    same problem here why offer ep. 1 for free when it won't work thanks Telltale games:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • edited May 2011
    I have to admit, I am also having the very same problem as everyone else. I was a big fan of the Back to the Future movies, and would love to try the first episode to see if I would like to order the whole thing. Please help all of us get into the FREE first episode.
  • edited May 2011
    Yep, me too!! Glad I'm not the only one... Gutted
  • edited May 2011
    Me too. Same problem... I would preciate some help..
  • edited May 2011
    Also here. Let me know if you find any answer.
  • edited May 2011
    Me too. Clearly nobody in a position to do anything about this bothers to read their own support forum. Not a good sign.
  • edited May 2011
    wow, I can't believe TT hasnt addressed this at all!
  • edited May 2011
    First post here, and unfortunately I have the same problem. Downloaded the first Episode for free and cant activate the Game. Do all Tellatale Games have to be activated? Havent bought anything yet, but this first impression doesnt contribute to buy anything if a freebie doenst even work properly. Sorry, if I sound rude.

Best regards.
  • edited May 2011
    Wow, talking about falling on deaf ears. I read about this game in PC gamer and it said they are offering episode one free. Guess I need to drop a line to PC gamer. They may not be listening to us, but I bet they will listen to a magazine that can tell the masses about crappy customer service. ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Wow, talking about falling on deaf ears. I read about this game in PC gamer and it said they are offering episode one free. Guess I need to drop a line to PC gamer. They may not be listening to us, but I bet they will listen to a magazine that can tell the masses about crappy customer service. ;)

Hi,

You have to "order" the game fro us. Can you try going to telltalegames.com/bttf and clicking on the free episode banner?
    I'll contact file planet and pc gamer and ask them to remove the link they have.
  • edited May 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    Hi,

You have to "order" the game fro us. Can you try going to telltalegames.com/bttf and clicking on the free episode banner?
    I'll contact file planet and pc gamer and ask them to remove the link they have.

Just to be clear, this is still an issue for those of us who did order the first episode from Telltale (using the coupon code).
    For instance, I can see two completed orders for it on the "your games" page, but it does not show up in the available games, and the game tells me "it seems you do not own it."

I've used both banners (pop-up and on the bttf game page), but have not been able to play.
  • edited May 2011
    Can you try going to telltalegames.com/bttf and clicking on the free episode banner?

That's exactly what I did this morning, but the launch screen tells me I need to buy the game. (And it only accepts my forum user name, not the email address, even if it's exactly the same from the registration email.)
  • edited May 2011
    That's where I did download the "Free" BTTF Episode 1 from (the Telltale website). I clicked the banner on the Telltale website, downloaded the file that popped up, installed it, and attempted to play the game. After I entered my user name and password, it tells me I either need to use another download link or buy the game. I uninstalled it, downloaded from the website again, and reinstalled it. Same thing happened again.
  • edited May 2011
    Hi,

No, it seems you're having technical problems with your authentification system, because as most people here, i also did exactly what you mentioned.

I am now tryin to start this game since 4 days :mad::mad::mad:
  • edited May 2011
    campino-84 wrote: »
    No, it seems you're having technical problems with your authentification system, because as most people here, i also did exactly what you mentioned.

I am now tryin to start this game since 4 days :mad::mad::mad:

If you're still having the issue send me an email at support@telltalegames.com
  • edited May 2011
    now its running (at me).

I had the same problems, like some people here. But now it solved.

Back to the Future Episode 1 of 5 have to be in your games list. But it wasn't at me. After I login today and join the BTTF page, something poped up and I could choose between buying the whole game or get free the first episode. After i choose the free version, the game was in the list and I could plax the game

I hope I could help peoples here.
  • edited May 2011
    He is right...go back to the BTTF main page...that download window will pop up for you. I clicked on the Episode 1 link, downloaded it, installed it, and this time everything worked.
  • edited May 2011
    i click the play button on episode 1 and nothink happens do u know y
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited May 2011
    jgemm1967 wrote: »
    were is my Episode 5 that l payed 4 well in ADVANCE?
    Episode 5 will be released in June as announced a while back.
  • edited May 2011
    Hiya,

Having probs on mac side as it isnt launching properly
  • edited June 2011
    hanssolon wrote: »
    Hiya,

Having probs on mac side as it isnt launching properly

This issue isn't related to this thread. Please send a support ticket to support@telltalegames.com
  • edited June 2011
    i have a crazy problem too when log in to the back to the future it says i did not own the game i cannot play...
This discussion has been closed.