back to the future the ride

edited June 2011 in Back to the Future
Do you think they will ever bring back the back to the future the ride to universal studios orlando,fl ever again because i never got to ride on it i hope they do bring it back someday. i like the back to the future movie trilogy it's cool.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Highly doubtful.

I've heard people here and there complain about the ride on the forums.
  • edited May 2011
    As much as I loved the ride, I doubt it will come back. There were complaints about the ride; some of which mentioned how it was dated (the 2015 time period) and the lines were slow. Unless something spectacular happens to change Universal's mind, I think we'll have to deal with the meet and greet Doc at the parks and the Universal Studios Japan ride.
  • A better question is how much longer will it last in Japan; it still goes to 2015 which will be silly when that year comes.

They never brought a game back, doubt they ever will.
  • edited May 2011
    floridaboy wrote: »
    Do you think they will ever bring back the back to the future the ride to universal studios orlando,fl ever again

Probably not.
  • edited May 2011
    At least, we now have it in the form of the movie - even though they did cut off the best part at the end: "Hurry up, and get out - before you see your other selves come." Probably not the exact quote, but it's something like that.
  • edited May 2011
    A better question is how much longer will it last in Japan; it still goes to 2015 which will be silly when that year comes.

They never brought a game back, doubt they ever will.

Itll be susprising if the ride stays open in 2015 and beyond

I actually got in contact with the owners at Universal a few months back hoping that they still had some stuff from the ride but most of it was given away and the rest of the items were destroyed it sucks cause there is such value in the BTTF movies that people would want anything even stuff from the ride:(
  • edited May 2011
    floridaboy wrote: »
    Do you think they will ever bring back the back to the future the ride to universal studios orlando,fl ever again because i never got to ride on it i hope they do bring it back someday. i like the back to the future movie trilogy it's cool.

No. All those rides were crappy, even if the video was good. Basically you get inside a machine that bucks around a little while it shows you a video. It didn't even work on me when I was a kid!
  • edited May 2011
    bttf4444 wrote: »
    At least, we now have it in the form of the movie - even though they did cut off the best part at the end: "Hurry up, and get out - before you see your other selves come." Probably not the exact quote, but it's something like that.

There's all of little things you don't get in a video. Like seeing the Institute of Future Technology, with clips doc in various times on the monitors. And the props in the waiting room just before the ride.

I'm just glad I got to experience it plenty of times before it was gone.
  • edited May 2011
    I've been on the BTTF ride at both Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Studios Orlando.

The ride has been replaced by the Simpson's ride. I doubt it'll ever be changed back to BTTF. They'll probably have The Simpson's Ride for a long time before it is changed to anything else.

I guess the only way to try out the ride now is to go to Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future:_The_Ride
  • edited May 2011
    As close as I'll ever get is the ride footage on my blu ray set and honestly the lobby stuff was better than the actual footage of the ride.
  • edited May 2011
    I had the honor of having been in the ride in Florida. =)
  • edited May 2011
    I got to go on it in Florida and California. I thought was great, they had the time dials, a big delorean, Biff and Doc in the Video and even when you were waiting they had a video about Doc's University. Shame it's gone. I think the video is on youtube.
  • edited May 2011
    BTTF:TR was my favorite ride of all time. I loved that ride very much even more so then the films (mind you I saw BTTF1 literally the day I was brought home from the hospital back in 1989).

The Simpsons ride is awful, and I hope BTTF returns some day.
  • edited May 2011
    Tiranno wrote: »
    BTTF:TR was my favorite ride of all time. I loved that ride very much even more so then the films (mind you I saw BTTF1 literally the day I was brought home from the hospital back in 1989).

The Simpsons ride is awful, and I hope BTTF returns some day.

I barely remember the riding the BttF ride, I enjoyed it from what I do remember. However being an avid theme park tripper, mostly WDW and rarely USO. I know US will not bring back BttF. Be it because of the fabled "2015 making it out of date" rumor or whatever else, older attractions do not come back. Well unless you count the return of the tiki room that is coming back to WDW.

As for the simpsons ride, I liked it. I'm a big fan of the show for years now and to ride the ride I felt it was great. One of the few good rides at USO. Some say it's just a car with a screen but face it most ride simulators are. Just some are better at immersing you into the experience than others. Then again Universal isn't really good at this in general. I feel Universal is very out of date to begin with, they have tons of newer properties but yet they feel the need to keep old stuff no one cares about, but at this point I'm going on more of a theme park rant, so I'm done
  • edited May 2011
    I loved the BTTF ride, I got to ride it a bunch of times on previous trips to Universal Orlando, but it had obviously started to show its age in its later years. Next to the Spiderman and Harry Potter rides next door at Islands of Adventure, it looked almost ancient. I was sad to see it go, but not too surprised when it did.

I checked out The Simpsons Ride that replaced it when I was there last year, and it's pretty fun. I even got my picture with Homer.

Universal Orlando still has a DeLorean and the time train from Part III on display, and Doc makes appearances there as well.
  • edited May 2011
    JenM512 wrote: »
    Universal Orlando still has a DeLorean and the time train from Part III on display, and Doc makes appearances there as well.

I think Doc also makes appearances in Universal Hollywood as well. He used to drive around in the DeLorean but now it's a bicycle. I miss those days...
  • edited May 2011
    I loved that ride to death.

TO DEATH.

I'd Thanatos all over the BTTF ride. The line, the anticipation, the videos leading up to it, soaring into a T-Rex's mouth... it was no less an achievement than the taking of Troy.
  • edited May 2011
    I think Doc also makes appearances in Universal Hollywood as well. He used to drive around in the DeLorean but now it's a bicycle. I miss those days...

When I was in Florida in October, my friend told Doc what a big fan I was (and that I'd been driving her crazy reminding her that I wanted to find the DeLorean) so he took my camera and took pictures of the Flux Capacitor and the time circuits for me. It was awesome. :cool:

I think he still rides the bike around the park too.
  • edited May 2011
    The ride is gone?? Dx oh man >: i loved that ride. Its been so long since ive been i cant even remember how long, i know i was a teen then so had to at least have been 6 or more years ago.

Was a family vacation and was our first trip to universal studios in Cali, i think that was the one ride where we all collectively had the most fun, was also the first time i ever heard my mom squeal/scream from all the bumping and rocking and stuff xD the ride totally ruined us for the starwars ride at disneyland the next day, the rides dont even compare, bttf was just so much more fun.

Shame that its gone >: i had planned to take another trip sometime and go ride it again, i guess im too late now though ><
  • edited May 2011
    The ride is gone?? Dx oh man >: i loved that ride. Its been so long since ive been i cant even remember how long, i know i was a teen then so had to at least have been 6 or more years ago.

Was a family vacation and was our first trip to universal studios in Cali, i think that was the one ride where we all collectively had the most fun, was also the first time i ever heard my mom squeal/scream from all the bumping and rocking and stuff xD the ride totally ruined us for the starwars ride at disneyland the next day, the rides dont even compare, bttf was just so much more fun.

Shame that its gone >: i had planned to take another trip sometime and go ride it again, i guess im too late now though ><

Well atleast u got to ride it.. i never got the chance.. and there was a star wars ride too?
  • edited May 2011
    Well atleast u got to ride it.. i never got the chance.. and there was a star wars ride too?

There still is; they just closed it down for refurbishment. It's actually open now.

Star Tours Info.
  • edited May 2011
    Origami wrote: »
    I had the honor of having been in the ride in Florida. =)

I went when I was younger. Back then they had the Honey I shrunk the kids ride. It was lame. BUt the BTTF ride looks lame too so oh well.
  • edited May 2011
    There still is; they just closed it down for refurbishment. It's actually open now.

Star Tours Info.

Oh i had no idea lol
  • edited June 2011
    One thing I miss most of all is seeing those AWESOME 3D billboards for the ride all over Florida when my family and I drove around the state in 94.

And by 3D I mean...actual 3D, there were freaking sculpted statues that came out of the billboard.

Does anyone still have pictures of those billboards? I mean the ride footage has been pretty well preserved but the pictures of the billboards I can't find anymore.
  • edited June 2011
    There's always the one in Japan... for now.

EDIT: Cool! Post 85! :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.