Sam and Max complete: graphics and control problems

edited June 2011 in Game Support
Graphics problem with Seasons 1 and 2 (I checked with 101 and 201):
No matter the resolution or graphics settings, both S1 and S2 episodes have large graphical glitches on my screen. Even tried windowed mode, but nothing changes. Whenever either character moves, alot of the elements on the screen (Sam's eyes and tie, the stickers on the side of the desk, etc.) start flickering on and off as well. Here's what it looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/Vxhtj.jpg

There are no problems with season 3, I can run it at the highest graphics setting without a problem.

Minor control problem with season 3: I have a wired 360 controller plugged it. When I start 301, after the intro sequence, I can move my cursor with the mouse but when prompted to click on the badge to switch to Max, nothing happens. If I switch to my controller I can continue; same with clicking on the toy phone. Strangely enough, I can initiate dialogue with Max and the water, but I can't access the badge or the notepad and inventory with the mouse.

Specs:
AMD Phenom X4 9600
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD4850 (catalyst 11.5 drivers)
Windows XP SP3

Thanks in advance

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Wow, that's some extreme graphics glitches. Have you run the DirectX updater?

A dxdiag log could be helpful too.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited June 2011
    The updater ended prematurely because I already have the latest version installed.

Dxdiag Log is attached.

Thanks in advance.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2011
    sober wrote: »
    Dxdiag Log is attached.

Thanks in advance.

Description: Realtek HD Audio output
    Date and Size: 11/25/2008 04:37:50, 4952576 bytes
    You could update your Realtek HDA Drivers.

Sadly, I don't see anything obviously wrong that could cause the graphics issues.

My best guess is that it might be a hardware issue. If you have a spare graphics card, you could test it with that.

You could also test your CPU and System Memory with prime95 and memtest86+.
This discussion has been closed.