Sam and Max Season Two, no fullscreen (4:3) support?

edited May 2011 in Game Support
Just installed Sam and Max Season Two (from the DVD version, not download) and I can not get it to display in fullscreen (4:3 aspect ratio) mode. Even though it is set to 1024x768 I still see big black bars along the top and bottom of the screen like it is widescreen while playing. I've also seen playthroughs on YouTube where there is fullscreen support for Season Two, so there must be a graphics bug. Is there a patch to download or something?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2011
    It depends on your graphics cards settings.

For ATI cards you can follow these instructions to change the scaling mode.
    I would set the display back to its native resolution afterwards though. It will still use the scaling settings then.

Here are also instructions for Nvidia and Intel cards. The are a bit old, so the option might be somewhere else in the Menu by now.
  • edited May 2011
    I do not have an option for flat panel scaling in the Nvidia control panel. Using a GeForce 9400 GT on Windows XP.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2011
    MaxSam wrote: »
    I do not have an option for flat panel scaling in the Nvidia control panel. Using a GeForce 9400 GT on Windows XP.

I did some research, and found out, that Nvidia had some issues with that in the past. There is a new Beta driver that addresses Scaling problems:
    Revised the Adjust Desktop Size and Position page to provide improved controls for desktop scaling and resizing.
    • Includes a preview window.
    • Available for all displays (including VGA and HDMI connections).
    • Scaling override option for Windows 7 gaming.

Here's a more recent guide on how to find the scaling options.
    It's under "Display/Adjust Desktop Size and Position" now.
This discussion has been closed.