Vsync in the D3D8 Games caps at 50 fps.

edited June 2011 in Game Support
Hi there, odd issue I'm noticing.
While playing games like Sam and Max Season 1 & 2, Strong Bad, Wallace and Gromit, and Bone, my FPS is limited to 50 frames. I have my computer set up properly, the later games such as Tales of Monkey Island play at the proper 60 FPS. Is this intended in the D3D8 engine or is there a bug somewhere?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Can someone else confirm that this happens to them as well? Just load up one of your older telltale games with fraps turned on, and look at what it caps at.
  • edited June 2011
    Alright, been over a week now, this doesn't happen to anyone else?
  • edited June 2011
    Why is my problem being ignored? Is this not the tech support forum?
    Or do Telltale Games have absolutely no customer service?

I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Telltale, the least I can ask is to get some very support for the programs I bought.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I did a quick test:
    Sam&Max S1: 50 fps
    Sam&Max S2: 50 fps
    Wallace & Gromit: 60 fps
    ToMI: 60 fps

Also, disabling vsync had no effect, so i guess it's limited by the engine and was changed to 60 in later games.

Makes me wonder though why you get 50 with W&G.
  • edited June 2011
    Yah, I went back and looked at Wallace & Gromit and it is Direct X 9 and it is running properly.

I actually just upgraded to a 120hz monitor as well, so Wallance & Gromit, ToMI, Back to the Future, and Sam&Max S3 all run at 120 FPS. DirectX 8 games still capped at 50.

This makes it even more frustrating when I play the older games. 120 FPS gives me butter smooth mouse control. 50 FPS does not.
  • edited June 2011
    Is there any way to force this to stop being capped at 50 fps?
This discussion has been closed.