BTTF: Ep 1 Mac System Lockup

edited June 2011 in Game Support
I recently signed up for a Telltale account in order to try out the free copy of Episode 1 of Back to The Future: The Game as advertised on their website.
I'm trying to run it on my Macbook (with Snow Leopard and all up-to-date software). After I open up the BTTF application, login with Telltale and tell it to launch Episode One, the application window disappears (along with my menu bar along the top of the screen) and all I get is a stuttery version of the opening theme from BTTF. Once this happens, my entire system locks up and I am forced to reboot my laptop.
Is anyone else experiencing similar issues, or knows of a fix? I know it sucks to look a gifthorse in the mouth, but this is a pretty massive showstopper. :(

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I also have the same problem on a mac, though I can play the game 'till you get to Dr. Browns lab. When solving the puzzle there, the game locks up when you give a dialogue choice...Any help would be welcome, Telltale (so I can buy the whole season reassured...).
  • edited June 2011
    I am also stuck at emmett's lab. I get to the part where Emmett asks about the patent, then it just freezes. Super annoying! Anyone know how to fix this?!
  • edited June 2011
    Hey, I figured out what to do for mine and Artster's problem. Turn down the visual settings to as low as possible, get it out of full screen mode and into 800x600 mode. It should work.
This discussion has been closed.