[ToMI] Chapter 4 Crash

edited July 2012 in Game Support
Hi,
always i enter the jungle on Flotsam Island the game crash and i get that standart report msg:

"Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood has encountered a problem and needs to close..."
:confused:
I already tried to reinstall...
SYS: Win XP SP3

I hope you can help me ;<

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Is it the Steam version and are you playing in a language other than English?
    If so, switching to English or deactivate the option to see item names might help.
    Not exactly perfect solutions, but the only ones I'm aware of at this time.
    Source: posts #6 and #7 in this thread.
  • edited June 2011
    Yes, it was the steam version and a other lang.(I changed the language now it works)
    Thank's alot and sorry about the Thread I searched but I think with the wrong Tags..
  • edited June 2011
    I have just one simple question for TTG: When will this be fixed?

And don't tell me to "just play in English". What is a German/French translation good for if it doesn't work?
  • edited June 2011
    Has someone from Telltale read this thread ?
    Are they aware of this problem ?
    There is no other way to contact Telltale support directly :-(

Here are other theads about this crash :
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25052
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25047
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Choucas wrote: »
    Has someone from Telltale read this thread ?
    Are they aware of this problem ?
    There is no other way to contact Telltale support directly :-(

You could write an E-Mail to support@telltalegames.com
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks DjNDB, I didn't know this mail.
    I'll write to them and I'll post here if there is an answer.
  • edited June 2011
    Still no answer from support... :(
  • edited June 2011
    Still not answer from support, I understand now why this forum has the name "Home of tears" :(
  • edited July 2011
    I have an answer from support by mail !
    He asked me to send my dxdiag file. I don't think the problem comes from here as the previous chapters worked fine.
    I hope they will find something to correct the problem :-)
  • edited July 2011
    Still no answer...:(
  • edited July 2011
    We're looking to see if we can get this fixed in the steam version. You should be able to play the game in the language that you prefer after the spot that crashes until a fis is ready.
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks for the answer :)
  • edited August 2011
    Hello !
    Do you have some news regarding this issue ?
  • edited September 2011
    A little up. I've got the same problem, my french steam version of Tales Of Monkey Island crashes in chapter 4 in the jungle.

When I deactivate objects subtitles, it don't crash but I can't interact with objects.

When I change the language to english instead of french, loading my saved game make the game crash...

I first ask Steam Support for help but they told me to ask TellTaleGames.
    I wrote an email to support@telltalegames.com on the 1st of september, with a description of the problem and some logs to help (dxdiag.txt and msinfo32.nfo). I have a support number but no answer...

Is there a solution to play this game ?
  • edited September 2011
    Hello xylo2

I wrote a workaround (for the french version only) but my post has been deleted (I guess it's because it use an unofficial patch).

You can PM me if you need a hint on how to find it.
  • edited January 2012
    This bug seems still not be fixed in the steam version after 5 Month for now and the Telltale support seems not to answer to my question from 18th of December.

Looks like they wont fix it at all?

Thats no good reference for Telltale.
  • edited January 2012
    A very bad assistance.
    "Hello, we are a great compagny ! We are doing many games who will enjoy some people ! But our assistance is like a real void ! Anyway don't worry, our technicians are finding an issue in order to fix this problem, but we need around 2 years to develop this patch !"
  • edited January 2012
    What a shame !
    I sent 2 mails for this bug, they asked me to send the dxdiag to them.
    No news since.

Maybe they're all dead :confused:
  • edited January 2012
    up !
    And don't let your fans without any answers, please !
    THANKS !
  • edited January 2012
    Hi. I have the same problem in chapter 4 with the german language version in steam and i would like to ask if this bug could be fixed in the near future (tomorrow...?)
  • edited January 2012
    I think you're dreaming, Doktor Evil, if you expect a fix in a near future.
    We're waiting for a fix for 6 month now.

The fix shouldn't be difficult to deploy as the boxed version of TOMI is not crashing.

So..... why are we waiting ????
  • edited January 2012
    up :mad:

Still no answer / no fix.

The support numbers I have created are :
    issue-49540 (15th of june)
    issue-52770 (27th of september)
  • edited January 2012
    Does anyone get an answer from telltalegames at all?
    are they still alive?
  • edited February 2012
    I've got the same problem.
    Are you guys still working on a patch?

Thank you!
  • edited February 2012
    No !

Seams they don't work anymore at all.

May be theyer office is got bombed or all of the got rapidly killed by some aggressiv virus or a snake attack.

May be we get from Lucas Arts some answer... they gave theyer good name for some shit support.
  • edited March 2012
    up :confused:
  • edited March 2012
    Telltale, give users an iso copyx of the boxed version if the error is only in the Steam Version.

So this is the point where i decide to ignore Telltale games in future and looking forward to bring every one i can to do the same.

You dont answer on any Question in the Forum, dont answer on Mails, sell games that are not working as they should.

Very very bad customer support.:mad:
  • edited April 2012
    Hi folks... i have a solution for all steam version users that may help all of you and telltale is not able to figure out.

Take a look at this. But it´s in german.
    http://fetzenhausen.blogspot.de/2012/04/tales-of-monkey-islandtelltale-games.html
  • edited April 2012
    Blacki! Ce type est un genie! Merci a toi!
    Il suffit sonc de renommer le fichier: \Steam\SteamApps\common\tales of monkey island - chapter 4\Pack\env_flotsamJungleNight.dlg en \Steam\SteamApps\common\tales of monkey island - chapter 4\Pack\env_flotsamJungleNight.dlg.old.
    Et le tour est joué. Ca fonctionne au poil! des mois et des mois que j'attends ca.

Blacki! This guy is a genius! Thank you very much!
    We just have to remane that: \Steam\SteamApps\common\tales of monkey island - chapter 4\Pack\env_flotsamJungleNight.dlg in that \Steam\SteamApps\common\tales of monkey island - chapter 4\Pack\env_flotsamJungleNight.dlg.old.
    And that's all. It work!!! so many month and finally it work!
  • edited July 2012
    Even with Blacki's solution, the game is bugging when it comes to talk to DeSinge when he fights with Elaine in the jungle... It is impossible to talk to him, no dialogs window is appearing when I click on DeSinge..
This discussion has been closed.