Force Window mode

edited June 2011 in Game Support
Hi is there anyway to force any game to start in window mode?

I have a Dual Screen system and everytime a game forces itself fullscreen on startup it messes up my windows and applications window postions.

Yes I know once I have it set in window mode it won't start in FS anymore. But I don't want newly installed TT games to keep forcing themselves to start FS all the time!

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Did you try alt+enter?
  • edited June 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    Did you try alt+enter?

thats not the problem. I don't want it to start in FS period.

I want all TT games to default to start in windowed mode. I don't want to have to press alt+enter to enter windowed mode.

Because as I stated eariler applications forcing themselves FS on my Dual screen system messes up window postions, etc.
  • edited June 2011
    Most of the games allow you to run in Windowed mode - so if you can tolerate starting in full screen mode the first time, you can set your preferences to be in windowed mode and the games should start up that way the next time you run.

I would have suggested editing 'prefs.prop' but it looks like that file is binary and not simple text.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2011
    As far as I know, there is no way to start a Telltale game in windowed mode the very first time.
  • edited June 2011
    Thats the thing, I don't want to have to start in FS mode at all as it messes up my settings.

On older TTG they used to be a config file you could edit and copy to each game folder which would make it start in windowed mode. but these newer games there are no config files to be found!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Ahlitah wrote: »
    On older TTG they used to be a config file you could edit and copy to each game folder which would make it start in windowed mode. but these newer games there are no config files to be found!

There's a prefs.prop file where full screen / windowed settings are stored, but it's all funky on the inside so the setting is not directly editable. Don't know what would happen if you, say, took the prefs.prop file from the first episode (after you've set it to run in windowed mode) and copied it for the other episodes.
This discussion has been closed.