ToMI Episode 1 Issue

edited June 2011 in Game Support
Launch of the Screaming Narwhal used to work, and I played it for a bit (didn't get too far), but then got busy. I went back to start a new game today, and it keeps crashing to the desktop, either before it even starts or at the "Deep in the Caribbean" bit of the opening cutscene.

I've tried both reinstalling and redownloading the installer. Neither helped. Direct X 11 is installed, and I'm using Windows Vista. I'm playing on detail level one due to my integrated graphics card. Attached is the dxdiag log. Let me know if any further information is needed, and thank you very much for your help.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Do the other ToMI Episodes work?

You can try installing the latest Realtek HDA Driver, and starting the game during a clean boot.

Booting clean in Windows Vista / 7:
    1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
    3. Uncheck Load Startup Items
    4. Select the Services tab
    5. Check Hide all Microsoft services
    6. Click Disable all
    7. Click on OK
    8. Click Restart.
    9. After reboot, run the game to see if it works.

After performing the necessary steps, restore your system by doing the following:

1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
    2. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
    3. Click Ok
    4. Click Yes, when asked to restart your computer

Based on Will's post
  • edited June 2011
    I updated my audio driver and the game works now. If I run into anything else, I'll try starting in a clean boot. The other episodes are not installed now; I'll install as I finish. Thank you so much for your help!
This discussion has been closed.