Activation for Out From Boneville for Mac user

edited June 2011 in Game Support
Help!

Since Vanbrio is out of business... What options do I have to get an activation key for it?

I've paid for, and downloaded the PC version from TellTale, but that key doesn't not work with the Apple download at Cnet ...

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Unfortunately, Telltale has nothing to do with the Mac version of the game and (unless you have access to a PC) your best option (since, as you pointed out, Vanbrio is out of business) is to play the PC version you purchased on your Mac via one of the following:
    Bootcamp, Parallels, VMware Fusion, Wine or CrossOver Games (the only one I've tried).
  • edited June 2011
    Womp womp. Thanks anyway. :)
  • edited June 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Telltale has nothing to do with the Mac version of the game and (unless you have access to a PC) your best option (since, as you pointed out, Vanbrio is out of business) is to play the PC version you purchased on your Mac via one of the following:
    Bootcamp, Parallels, VMware Fusion, Wine or CrossOver Games (the only one I've tried).

Excuse the thread bump, but did you run into any issues trying to unlock the game using CrossOver? I tried it myself, but the launcher was glitchy and scrambled, preventing me from signing in OR entering my activation code. Same happened with Sam & Max Save the World and Wallace & Gromit. Thankfully, I also have Boot Camp, but it would be nice to have these games running on Mac.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Pocketim wrote: »
    Excuse the thread bump, but did you run into any issues trying to unlock the game using CrossOver? I tried it myself, but the launcher was glitchy and scrambled, preventing me from signing in OR entering my activation code. Same happened with Sam & Max Save the World and Wallace & Gromit. Thankfully, I also have Boot Camp, but it would be nice to have these games running on Mac.

The launcher was indeed glitchy, so I followed the instructions from this page (I posted them there myself after finding them somewhere in these forums).
    They worked for me with CrossOver Games 8.0.0 and I hope they'll work for you.
    PS: Thread bump excused! :D
  • edited June 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    The launcher was indeed glitchy, so I followed the instructions from this page (I posted them there myself after finding them somewhere in these forums).
    They worked for me with CrossOver Games 8.0.0 and I hope they'll work for you.
    PS: Thread bump excused! :D

Thanks a bunch! It works flawlessly now!
This discussion has been closed.